Playing With: Kiss of the Vampire
Basic Trope: Being bitten by a vampire is a strangely enjoyable experience.
Back to Kiss of the Vampire
- Straight: Alice is bitten by Bob, and moans with pleasure.
- Exaggerated: Alice has an orgasm the instant Bob's teeth pierce her skin.
- Downplayed: Alice is bitten by Bob and shows no discomfort.
- This universe's vampires inject a non-harmful venom which dulls pain and acts as an aphrodisiac. That way, they don't have to kill their prey in order to feed, and makes the ordeal a lot easier for all the parts involved.
- Bob bites down just enough to pierce the skin; the rest is all the lips and tongue, and Bob happens to by pretty skilled with those.
- Alice has a biting fetish
- Inverted: Vampire Bites Suck
- Subverted: Alice moans and smiles, until we see that Bob hasn't used his teeth yet. When he actually bites down, Alice screams.
- Double Subverted:
- After the initial pain, however, Alice starts to like it.
- That wasn't pain...
- Parodied: Every conversation about biting is laden with Does This Remind You of Anything?. Bob at one point bites another woman and Alice accuses him of cheating.
- Zig Zagged: Being bitten causes reactions back and forth between pain and pleasure, with no correlation between ferocity of the attack reaction to it.
- Alice either doesn't feel the bite at all or has the reaction you'd expect from a woman having two teeth rammed deep into her throat.
- Vampires don't exist.
- "We need a source for more sexual tension between Alice and Bob. How about when Bob bites her, she has starts to enjoy it?"
- Freud Was Right
- Bob is a Memetic Sex God, due to how the actor plays him with distinctly sexual undertones. So the producers have Alice react with ecstasy each time she's bitten.
- "You know, you'd think this would be a lot more painful..."
- "I want your fangs in me..."
- Invoked: Alice takes painkillers and psychotropic drugs before the bite, so that she'll enjoy it.
- Exploited: Bob uses this fact to persuade some humans into willingly becoming his victims.
- Defied: Bob bites Alice and she screams and writhes in agony.
- Discussed: "It doesn't hurt at all, really. It's bizarre how good it feels."
- Conversed: "Why is she liking that so much?" "Rule of Sexy" "For a vampire bite?" "Fetish Fuel"
- Alice develops an addiction to being bitten and ends up suffering from long periods of severe blood loss, lethargy, and anemia.
- The experience it's portrayed like something extremely similar to a rape. Just because the vampire's bite induces a state of chemically induced euphoria, that doesn't make it any less traumatic for an unsuspecting victim.
- Reconstructed: However, Bob eventually turns her into a vampire, so she can enjoy being bitten as much as she wants with the benefit of a rapidly regenerating blood supply.
Back to Kiss of the Vampire