: A sexy, sultry, but morally ambiguous woman, common in detective novels.
- Straight: Bob is solving a case, and one of the suspects is Anna, who is a flirty, sultry beauty, and who may or may not be a Honey Trap, working for the Big Bad. No one knows for sure.
- Exaggerated: ALL of the suspects are this.
- Downplayed: Anna is a beautiful, but not sexy, woman. Where her loyalties lie is unknown.
- Justified: Anna is a Double Agent, or even The Mole. It's best that she keeps herself mysterious, but that doesn't mean she can't use her... Erm...Talents to get her way.
- The Femme Fatale is the detective.
- The prime suspect is a morally ambiguous Gonk.
- Gender Inverted: Alice is solving a case, and one of suspects is Tall, Dark and Handsome Benjamin.
- It turns out that Anna is The Vamp— Literally! The beauty was a disguise. She's not as attractive as she seems...
- Anna is seductive and dresses in sultry garb but she makes it clear from the get-go that anything horizontal with her is out of the question.
- Anna is seductive and dresses to appeal... but she's shown to be anything but morally questionable, and presents Bob with evidence he needs for his case.
- Double Subverted: ...She's even hotter.
- Parodied: Anna thinks she's this, but she's a Gonk.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Anna isn't particularly beautiful or morally ambiguous.
- Enforced: "All good detective novels have a mysterious, sexy woman, so let's add one."
- Invoked: Anna is working for the Big Bad. He hired her specifically because she's hot.
- Exploited: Anna is actually guilty and is relying on her charms to distract Bob.
- Defied: Everyone expects Anna to use her wiles to dodge an accusation but she makes herself unattractive on purpose to defy expectations.
- Conversed: "There's always a Femme Fatale character in these detective shows. ...Yep, here's one now."
- Deconstructed: The femme fatale's seductive demeanor and advances on the main character are more off-putting than effective, and they're the first thing that makes him suspect she's not as innocent as she's letting on.
Back to Femme Fatale