: A sidekick or recurring character who informs the player about how to control their hero effectively.
- Straight: Ichigo is a cute little fairy who accompanies Kenta on his quest to stop the evil Black Knight Butcher from destroying the world.
- Exaggerated: Ichigo offers unwanted advice and treats Kenta like he keeps forgetting the basics of adventuring.
- Downplayed: Ichigo will often explain the abilities of magic items to Kenta, who was very mundane before hand and knows nothing of magic.
- Justified: Ichigo is a very knowledgable creature but worthless when it comes to battling or adventuring and thus decides to aide Kenta who is a very capable hero but has a lot to learn.
- Ichigo is a newbie who needs advice, As You Know, from the more experienced Kenta.
- Ichigo is a more capable fighter than Kenta.
- When Kenta needs information, he gets it from The Black Knight Butcher or one of his servants. (The interrogation itself may be represnted by some sort of minigame.)
- Ichigo joins Kenta on his mission with claims of being very knowledgeable, but during their first battle, it's revealed that Ichigo is actually an idiot that does more harm than good.
- Ichigo is actually a mole sent by the Big Bad, and her 'guides' are nothing more than lies that will bring Kenta to his death.
- Double Subverted:
- It turns out that Ichigo was not an idiot, but a Cloud Cuckoo Lander whose advice just takes a while to make sense.
- Ichigo has a Heel-Face Turn, Becoming the Mask she originally wore. After leading Kenta out of the trap she had originally led him in, she becomes a straightforward ally, armed with the knowledge of her former boss's plans and tactics.
- Parodied: Ichigo demonstrates her own advice by wiping out the enemies while Kenta looks on, waiting for his turn to shine. Back in town, Ichigo proceeds to show Kenta how to pick up girls, dance at a ball and earn a double PhD in advanced mathematics and philosophy, with Kenta again waiting to do something on his own.
- Zig Zagged:
- Ichigo turns out to not be useful after all: she has no idea what she's talking about and her advice was only coincidentally correct.
- Ichigo teaches Kenta about some topics, and Kenta teaches Ichigo about others.
- Averted: Kenta's on his own.
- Enforced: "We need some way to insert a tutorial in this game but have it incorporated into the plot.
- Lampshaded: "Why is it that a stupid little fairy seems to know about more adventuring than I do?"
- Invoked: Kenta goes around asking all the fairies in the woods questions about adventuring, hoping one of them will follow along and offer advice.
- Exploited: Kenta becomes dependent on Ichigo's advice, so the Big Bad sets a trap by luring the two into a dangerous place, then separating Ichigo from Kenta to doom the latter.
- Defied: "I don't need a dumb fairy telling me what to do!"
- Discussed: Kenta and his anti hero rival Atnek, during a moment of downtime, talk about how everybody with any power in this series seems to be followed around by an annoying fairy.
- Conversed: "I wish Ichigo would Stop Helping Me!!"
- Deconstructed: Ichigo is a Heroic Wannabe who finds the like-minded Kenta and spins yarns about him being The Chosen One, teaching him how to fight so they can go on adventures together. Kenta gets really upset when he learns the truth and drives her away.
- Reconstructed: However, Kenta later realizes he misses her and the adventure and tracks her down, and the two reconscile.
- Played For Laughs: Kenta's morning generally starts with Ichigo telling him how to hit the snooze button on the alarm clock.
- Played For Drama: As in Deconstructed, but with viewers aware of the deception from the start and Kenta blissfully unaware, and Ichigo feeling guiltier and guiltier about lying as they become closer friends.
Hey! Listen! Click here to go back to Exposition Fairy