: He's an immortal / extremely long-lived supernatural. Look at his immortality.
- Straight: The immortal character remembers, dreams of or otherwise shows things that demonstrate his longevity.
- Exaggerated: The immortal has a huge collection of things collected through the ages and remembers a similar thing he did 500 years ago every time he possibly can.
- Downplayed: The immortal makes choices that seem old fashioned, but can be otherwise attributed to eccentricity.
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: The immortal goes to great lengths to keep up with current trends and fashions.
- The immortal doesn't have any of the things that might demonstrate his unusual age.
- Alice assumes Bob is Really 700 Years Old because he seems to remember things that happened hundreds of years ago. It turns out he's actually a a time traveler.
- Double Subverted:
- The immortal maintains a huge and obvious collection of artifacts that actually aren't proof of his long life.
- The trope in the form of a Visual Pun.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: The immortal may say something like "What, did you think I'd keep something proving I'm a thousand years old lying around where anyone can find it?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Declarations of immortality are met with flat disbelief or a character who is depicted as very old, but never directly referred to as immortal, does something that suggests they are. Like claiming your place of birth is a prehistoric continent.
Back to Exposition of Immortality