: A villainous character loses an (often legitimate) lead in a contest thanks to cheating.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz is ahead by a country mile in the Zany Races, but he stops to sabotage the other racers, costing him the lead.
- Exaggerated: Evulz cheats as often as he can during the races, meaning he loses the lead multiple times.
- Downplayed: Evulz' car has built-in cheating devices, but has to slow down to deploy them. The traps wind up delaying him more than they delay the good guys, who overtake Evulz even though he was legitimately in the lead for a bit.
- Justified: Evulz is a notorious carrier of the Villain Ball, and feels like he can't win legitimately.
- Inverted: Dudley Do-Right Stops to Help
- Subverted: It looks like Evulz is going to cheat, but then he decides against it and wins the race legitimately.
- Double Subverted: Then it's revealed he cheated after the fact, so he ends up losing his win.
- Parodied: Even the good guys scream at Evulz to just win the race.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: He just races to win, no cheating needed.
- Enforced: "The bad guy can't win! He has to lose in the most contrived way possible!"
- Lampshaded: "You'd think I'd learn from this, but no."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The good guys can take it easy for most of the race, because they know Evulz is going to screw himself over by trying to cheat.
- Defied: "Well, I could stop and cheat, or...instead, I could just win. I'm just gonna do that."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat