: A character looks up just in time to see the heavy object bearing down on him.
- Straight: Bob, hearing a whistling sound and seeing a shadow on the ground around him, looks up and has just enough time for an Oh, Crap moment before getting hit by a Grand Piano.
- Downplayed: He looks up at a bird flying overhead, and it craps in his eye.
- It's a man jumping out of a building, screaming as he comes.
- He instinctively tries to get out of the way, but he's not quick enough. The shot is in slow motion so we have time to see his reaction anyway.
- The city is being bombed.
- Inverted: Bob walks out onto thin air and looks down at the ground before he starts falling.
- Subverted: Bob looks up, sees the piano, and calmly takes a single step to the right. The piano lands right next to him.
- Double Subverted: Bob takes a singe step to the right, then grins smugly at the camera.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Bob gulps, holds up a pitifully small umbrella and waves goodbye. The piano bounces straight off the umbrella, which Bob gapes at in astonishment, before throwing it up in the air in delight. Then the guy who the piano did land on strides over angrily, picks it up and smashes it ovr Bob's head. He lifts the lid up, covered in Amusing Injuries, and looks up just in time to see the umbrella falling point first towards him.
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Death by Looking Up