: Most of the main characters are gay or otherwise non-heterosexual.
- Straight: Out of all the main/supporting cast, only a few characters are neither gay nor bisexual.
- Every character that appears is gay/bisexual.
- Every person on the PLANET is gay.
- Downplayed: Everyone Is Bi
- Because the characters had all been through similar experiences, they were able to support each other and became close friends as a result.
- Alternatively, the show takes place in a gay village
- The show is targeted to/focused on non-heterosexual people.
- Inverted: Everyone in the show is heterosexual
- Subverted: It seems that most of the characters on the show are non-heterosexual, only for several characters to be shown flirting/dating the opposite sex.
- Double Subverted: Then it turns out that most of them are bisexual anyway.
- Parodied: Because homosexuality is the norm, people react with disgust when a heterosexual couple kiss in public.
- Zig Zagged: Most of the cast seems gay. But they're shown with their girlfriends. But it turns out that the girlfriends are a coverup so people don't realize their secret. But their secret turns out that they're virgins. But it's not straight virginity that they're concerned about.
- Averted: There are one or two gay recurring characters, but most of the cast is heterosexual
- Enforced: Because most shows focus entirely on heterosexual characters, the writer decides to invert that and make a cast filled with gay characters instead.
: "Seriously, am I the only guy here that's straight?" Andy
: "You? Straight?
If you say so honey..."
- Invoked: Someone who knows a number of gay people tries to introduce them all and get them to hang out in the hopes of fomenting a friendship that creates a Cast Full of Gay.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The cast is a reasonable percentage of straight and gay characters and none of them are stereotyped into stock gay or straight characters.
- Discussed: "Why would you think I'm gay just because I hang out with Chris? It's not like every friend of a gay person is gay too."
- Deconstructed: The main character has neuroses that lead them to detest the company of straight people, so most or all of the characters that they interact with willingly are gay and they cut ties with people they realize are straight.
- Reconstructed: The main character is so comfortable and outgoing that they easily forge bonds of friendship with other people who are gay and drawn to them by their engaging personality.
Back to Cast Full of Gay