Playing With: Bad Boss
Basic Trope: The villain mistreats his minions regularly.
Back to Bad Boss
- Straight: Slayer treats his minions like trash.
- Exaggerated: Slayer makes his minions do all the work while not paying them, and then yells at them more for any small mistake.
- Slayer merely annoys his minions.
- Slayer isn't evil, but is pretty mean to his minions.
- Justified: He has incompetent minions who can't get a single thing done right. - His abusiveness is retribution.
- Subverted: He was having a bad day - He has a Hidden Heart of Gold.
- Double Subverted: Except he's not much nicer on a good day - He's a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk.
- Slayer constantly yells out "YOU'RE FIRED!"
- Slayer severely docks the pay of one of his minions because they didn't add any sugar to his tea.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Slayer behaves in a respectful and professional matter with his minions, or at least doesn't abuse them.
- Enforced: "We need to show that Slayer is a really bad person"
- Lampshaded: "Geez, I'm your minion, not your slave! All right, I'm your slave too, but you still don't have to shout at me all the live-long day!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The heroes ask if the minions really enjoy working in such a negative environment, trying to provoke a Mook-Face Turn.
- Defied: Slayer treats his employees with respect and dignity, and even rewards them when they do something right, in order to avoid having them turn against him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: One of Slayer's minions betrays him at a crucial moment due to past mistreatment. This leads to said minion offing Slayer at that moment, becoming the new boss in turn.
Back to Bad Boss