Playing With: Bad Boss
Basic Trope: The villain mistreats his minions regularly.
Back to Bad Boss
- Straight: Slayer treats his minions like trash.
- Exaggerated: Slayer makes his minions do all the work while not paying them, and then yells at them more for any small mistake.
- Slayer merely annoys his minions.
- Slayer isn't evil, but is pretty mean to his minions.
- He has incompetent minions who can't get a single thing done right. - His abusiveness is retribution.
- Slayer is just a Jerkass.
- Subverted: He was having a bad day - He has a Hidden Heart of Gold.
- Double Subverted: Except he's not much nicer on a good day - He's a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk.
- Slayer constantly yells out "YOU'RE FIRED!"
- Slayer severely docks the pay of one of his minions because they didn't add any sugar to his tea.
- Zig Zagged: Slayer acts like a Benevolent Boss most of the time, but will become a Bad Boss if his subordinates repeatedly fail at certain tasks or if things are falling apart. Nonetheless, he rewards rewards successful minions, you just don't want to get on his bad side.
- Averted: Slayer behaves in a respectful and professional matter with his minions, or at least doesn't abuse them.
- Enforced: "We need to show that Slayer is a really bad person"
- Lampshaded: "Geez, I'm your minion, not your slave! All right, I'm your slave too, but you still don't have to shout at me all the live-long day!"
- Invoked: Slayer feels like he has to act like a Bad Boss in order to keep his minions in line.
- Exploited: The heroes ask if the minions really enjoy working in such a negative environment, trying to provoke a Mook-Face Turn.
- Defied: Slayer treats his employees with respect and dignity, and even rewards them when they do something right, in order to avoid having them turn against him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Reconstructed: Slayer's minions are more afraid of him than the enemy, making them extremely fearsome in combat.
- Played For Laughs: Slayer punishes his minions for the most minor of transgressions to the point of Comedic Sociopathy
- Played For Drama: Slayer's minions are so terrified of him that they often discuss getting rid of him or simply running away, feeling it's only a matter of time before they incur their boss's wrath.
Back to Bad Boss