- Many posters on the original forum thread remarked that they had had nightmares about the Slender Man only a day after he had been originally mentioned.
- Some real life nightmare fuel - two 12 year old girls stabbed another 12 year old girl nineteen times - nearly killing her because they "wanted to meet The Slender Man" and "prove he was real".
- And now a mother was stabbed by her daughter after reading Slender Man stories. What the fuck.
- To add to the nightmare fuel, the similarities between Slender Man and the Real Life serial killer Zodiac are quite disturbing. Similar to proxies, Zodiac was known to send cryptic and seemingly senseless messages to those investigating them, even going so far as to create his own cipher code, similar to how proxies tend to (poorly) encrypt most of their messages. Not to mention, The Zodiac's personal symbol (⊕) is eerily similar to The Operator Symbol (Ⓧ).
- He can be anywhere. No. Really.
- As the saying goes: "He only exists if you're thinking about him. Now try not to think about him."
- People love theorizing he first came into being in the Blog!Slenderverse (or maybe the Slenderverse as a whole) thanks to so many stories and so many people thinking about him. ... That sounds familiar...
- Hell, the Slender Man is terrifying with minimal context; he's an unnaturally tall, thin, faceless man in a suit, who seemingly decides to stalk you for the rest of your life... completely at random. You will never be free. Your friends? Hell, don't bother going to them, they're probably working for him! Your children? Poof. Gone. Like they never existed. No one will ever believe you if you tell them the truth... until it's too late and you're worse than dead, or they're dragged into it. And you'll never know why.
Nightmare Fuel / The Slender Man Mythos
As perhaps the most infamous Creepypasta character, it's no surprise that the Slender Man has inspired his fair share of nightmares. Please note that Dark Harvest, Everyman HYBRID, Marble Hornets and Tribe Twelve already have pages.