Nightmare Fuel: ParaNorman
Think that PG rating
saves you from this trope? Ha ha ha WRONG.
- Pretty much the entire movie could count to some extent, but especially the last act.
- "I don't want to go to sleep. And you can't make me."
- Agatha's ghost form — a glowing yellow poltergeist made of raw anger and vengeance, who tries repeatedly to terrorize, then kill, Norman to stop him talking to her.
- The way her face and entire body stutters and changes while screaming at Norman doesn't help. It's like you can see her Sanity Slippage.
- Made more disturbing by the fact that it's debatable which direction her sanity is slipping in. She's struggling desperately to maintain her hatred and avoid facing what she's become, although thankfully she eventually fails.
- Also, Agatha's trial. Her terrified sobs and the totally indifferent expressions of the adults are quite chilling.
- The raw power she proves to have in her confrontation with Norman. They start off in the forest where she was buried, then she turns it into a wasteland, and then she straight up destroys the ground, leaving only a few chunks of rock for Norman to cling into.