- The Land of Darkness, at first.
- Clicking the pot in Darkness' kitchen causes a chicken to pop out cheerily singing about how it's soon going to be someone's dinner.
- There are also the countless sentient carrots being held captive in the refrigerator, for certain routes. If you talk to the refrigerator, he'll sing about how those carrots are all going to be used in a salad.
- The kitchen appliances all seem to be singing in a minor key, which gives the whole experience an unsettling feel.
- The trees in the first game, especially in the scene where they steal all of your stuff.
- Darkness. Although Dark is Not Evil, just lonely, he still managed to traumatize many children.
- The plank of wood sinking after Sam and Otto look away from it. It made quite a few kids think that Otto would eventually sink too.
Nightmare Fuel / Pajama Sam
No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside