Nightmare Fuel / Felidae
"The mouths of the reanimated dead emitted a gruesome, bloodcurling howl that sounded like a burial march played backwards and became a whirlpool of sound. The hairs on my back stood on end like wire bristles. I was afraid I would lose my mind if I had to witness this insane performance any longer, but there was no escape..."
. With the plot of a Film Noir
, it is obvious that the novels and the movie are not
for kids. But even that belies just how horrifying
it is at times...
- The dream sequences.
- The unfriendly deaths in the movie. This includes Felicity's decapitation, and kittens being ripped out of their mother's womb. And no, there is no Gory Discretion Shot. Then again, the deaths already happened when Francis gets to them save for Claudandus.
- Felicity is probably the worst, by far even then Solitaire and her torn-out kittens. Francis finds her with her head moved to one side, staring blindly out. What he says later is even worse: 'It was as if, even in the moment of her death, she still was straining to see...'
- During the cult scene, some cats get electrocuted voluntarily as part of the Claudandus ritual, getting more and more crazed with each jolt. Even Francis lampshades that what he's watching "is not a scene out of The Aristocats." In the novel Francis also mentions the Aristocats.
- After Francis finds out that Pascal/Claudandus is the one behind the murders, he destroys the computer containing said information on the murders, subsequently causing an electrical fire. The final battle between Francis and Claudandus plays out like Simba and Scar's final battle, only Claudandus gets clawed in the stomach, ripping it wide open, causing all of his guts to spill out.Don't eat anything while watching the scene.
- The footage of Pretarius testing his compounds on the cats, which sadly has some truth in television.