- Bluebeard, being The Comically Serious, is a whole truckload full of these.
- When Francis is coming up with theories about the murders and uses the term "fornication", Bluebeard comments with, "Back in my day, we used to call it screwing." He goes on to insist that his theory about the murderer being a "can-opener" is true.
- After Francis declares that he will get the murderer, Bluebeard follows up with, "We'll get ya, shithead!"
- In response to Francis' comment about the catacombs- "If that's a joke..."
- When Pascal offers Francis and Bluebeard food, both of them pipe up. Even after Francis says the already ate, Bluebeards says he could go for seconds.
- When Francis speculates that the cult is leading up to something big, Bluebeard, who has been complaining about wanting a meal the whole time, says, "Something like a fresh piece of fish?", complete with perhaps one of the funniest grins ever seen.
- Francis' reaction to the suicide cult- "What I was watching wasn't exactly a scene out of The Aristocats."
- Francis mimicking Bluebeard when he complains about being tired and hungry.
Francis (original German version): "I'm hungry, I'm tired, I yearn for cod- my god!"
- Pretarius' drunken rants as his experiments fail and he spirals into alcoholism straddle the line between disturbing and uncomfortably funny.
Pretarius: (looking at Pascal/Claudandis in his cage) This cat... has no sense of humor.