- The scene when Chang begins talking to himself, a la Gollum. It doesn't help that he was meant to be talking to the twin sister he ate in utero, and that she would eventually appear "in the flesh".
- "Epidemiology": The "taco meat" was on sale at a military surplus store. Anyone could have bought it.
- The Men in Black were going to nuke Greendale if all the zombies weren't contained.
- "Basic Rocket Science" when Pierce imagines that the Colonel Sanders A.I. was talking to him.
Sanders A.I.: My readings indicate Pierce! He's going to die alone!Pierce: Why is he saying that?! Stop it!Sanders A.I.: I won't stop because Troy is giving me life force!Pierce: I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! (gets up and starts throttling Troy)
- All of Abed's break downs:
Abed: This is where I spent most of my time in junior high. This is where people like me get put when others get fed up with us.
- "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas" had Abed see everything as stop-motion because he was in denial his mother wasn't going to visit him because she started a new family. When Duncan gives him irrefutable proof, he goes catatonic!
- "Virtual Systems Analysis" has Annie mess with the Dreamatorium's engine in an attempt to make Abed consider other people's feelings before he acts like a Control Freak. Abed flips out and drags Annie into "Hospital Administration", forcing her to find the real him. When she does, he's chained up in a metaphorical locker. Why?
Baby Abed: Greendale Babies will be back! Forever!
- "Introduction To Finality" might have one. See below.
- "History 101" introduced us to Abed's Happy Place: "Abed's Happy Community College Show", where everything is a typical sitcom that runs on Status Quo Is God and everyone is Flanderized into one-off jokes. Abed goes into it to cope with the changes going on in the real world, slowly becoming catatonic. But when those changes start causing changes in his happy place, the happy place Abed goes into his happy place: Greendale Babies. It's as terrifying as it sounds.
- "Geothermal Escapism" might be the worst of the bunch, since Abed is actually aware he's having a break down. Troy's about to be Put on a Bus, so Abed celebrates by spearheading a campus-wide game of "Lave On The Floor". Why this particular game? He's actually seeing lava, and he wanted everyone to see it too.
- The fact Abed has had this many break downs is Nightmare Fuel alone.
- A Freeze-Frame Bonus in Season 5 informs us that Troy and Levar Burton were captured by pirates.
- Episodes like "Cooperative Calligraphy" show just how quickly the study group can turn on each other.
- "Remedial Chaos Theory":
- The Norwegian Troll doll.
- Abed's attempt at a smile.◊
- The Darkest Timeline. Troy knocking over the boulder on Abed's Indiana Jones model resulted in Disaster Dominoes that ended with Pierce dead from accidentally getting shot in the femoral artery, Annie going mad from guilt, Shirley jumping Off the Wagon, Jeff losing an arm, Troy getting electro-larynx after trying to swallow the aforementioned troll, Abed convinced they should go to the Prime Timeline and take over, and Britta dying a strand of her hair blue.
- "Introduction To Finality" gives us two options:
- Evil Abed was able to cross dimensions and take over regular Abed when the latter was on the verge of a break down over Troy leaving for Air Conditioning Repair School. His plans have changed from "kill and replace the 'Lame' Timeline" to "make the 'Lame' Timeline just like the Dark one". He gives Britta a Breaking Speech (she ends up wanting to dye her hair) and almost cut Jeff's arm off (the cord was too short, and by the time he got an extension Jeff gave a Rousing Speech that allowed Good Abed to take back control). Fridge Horror gives way when you realize what would happen if he found Pierce, Annie, Shirley, or Troy.
- Or, Abed did have a break down, and took the guise of Evil Abed. Meaning our Abed broke Britta, tried to dismember Jeff, and almost did worse to the rest of the study group.
- "The First Chang Dynasty" showed us what would happen if Chang had all the power he wanted. He kidnapped the Dean and tried to kill the study group, and in the process, almost burned down all of Greendale and everybody in it.
- "Introduction To Film" gives us a peek at Abed's childhood. He had a lot of testing involving needles and brain scans done.
- Vinnie threatening to break Abed's legs if the gang screw up in "Celebrity Impressionists". Especially since it comes out of nowhere.
Vinnie: [My goons] do an excellent impression of breaking someone's legs. The secret? They actually do!
Nightmare Fuel / Community
Given that Community is an extremely Troperiffic show, moments like these were bound to come up.