Music: Tay Zonday
Adam Nyerere Bahner, better known as Tay Zonday, first gained fame in July 2007 for his original song "Chocolate Rain", the source of many an Internet meme. Tay also has his own YouTube channel, host to several of his own homemade songs.
Tropes found in Tay Zonday's work:
- Adam Westing: Most notably in his "Cherry Chocolate Rain" video for Dr Pepper.
- Auto-Tune: Used in "Roll the Dice".
- Badass Baritone: At first, this may cause Vocal Dissonance for people who stumble across him, as they may not be expecting it.
- Black and Nerdy: Some of the stuff he covers falls into this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Best seen on YouTubers React. After he ended up watching someone doing the Knife Game Song, he dryly commented "I'm not gonna be covering this".
- Genre Savvy: Best shown on YouTubers React.
- Hidden Depths: He comes across as very smart and Genre Savvy when he's not singing. For further proof, see his music video on the US economy.
- Last-Second Word Swap: In his appearance on Dave Days "Baby" parody, he says "But I'm still getting laid...ies home phone numbers...", which Dave calls him out on.
- Older Than He Looks: While frequently mistaken for a teenager, he was in fact in his mid-20s when he wrote "Chocolate Rain."
- Self-Backing Vocalist: Present in "Musicolio," where he sings all the backing vocals and plays all the instruments on his keyboard. In fact, he does it in most of his covers.
- Vocal Dissonance: He looks about 12 in the "Chocolate Rain" video, but has a rather deep voice. He was actually in his mid-20s when he wrote it.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Most of "Chocolate Rain" seems to be this. (In truth, it's a song about racial discrimination, with heavy use of metaphors.)
- Word Salad Title: "I wanted a catchy artist name that had zero search results on Google."