Music: Gama Bomb
Gama Bomb is a Thrash Metal band hailing from Newry, Ireland; founded in 2002 by vocalist Philly Byrne, bassist Joe McGuigan and former guitarist Luke Graham. They started off with releasing their first demo The Survival Option and single The Fatal Mission in 2002 and 2003 respectively. After being signed to Witches Brew, they released their first album, Survival of the Fastest, in 2005 before joining Earache in 2007 alongside Evile, Municipal Waste, Bonded By Blood and many others as a part of the second wave of Thrash Metal. With Earache came 2008's Citizen Brain and 2009's Tales From The Grave In Space, before leaving the label for AFM Records. They released The Terror Tapes in late April/early May of 2013.
Gama Bomb shows examples of:
- Audience Participation Song: "I killed Bob Morton 'cause he made a mistake - DICK JONES! DICK JONES!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: Shitting Yourself to Live.
- Digital Piracy Is Okay: Emphasized during the release of Tales From The Grave In Space, which was released for free.
- Global Warming: Global Warning
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Count how many songs the band has on zombies.
- Averted in The Terror Tapes, where vocalist Philly Byrne admits to no song on the album involving zombies.
- Excited Show Title!: Racists!
- Heavy Meta: A ton. Main offenders go to "Sentenced To Thrash" and "Bullet Belt".
- Homage: OCP, Final Fight, Space Invaders, In The Court of General Zod, Return To The Technodrome... the list goes on.note
- Horrible History Metal: "Time Crime" and "Mussolini Mosh".
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: "Last Ninjas Unite".
- Kneel Before Zod: Trope is mentioned IN NAME in "In The Court Of General Zod".
- Long Title: Cannibals Are In The Streets (Therefore) All Flesh Must Be Eaten.
- Metal Scream: Before the surgery, Philly Byrne was a near master of Type 4.
- Motor Mouth: "Metal Idiot".
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Generally an 8, have gone to 9 in certain cases (Mussolini Mosh is the first to come to mind).
- One of Us: Extremely prominent with the band. Even the album art reflects this trait (the band is a fan of 80's horror flicks and topics of similar trait).
- To add to it, the art for Tales From The Grave In Space and The Terror Tapes had been done by artists known for this trope.
- Rerelease the Song: "Bullet Belt", from 2005's Survival of the Fastest to 2008's Citizen Brain.
- Sampling: Many cases.
- Screwed by the Network: Strongly fought against this happening with Earache. That four-year wait between albums was at least partly because Earache treated them horribly and then attempted to fuck them over when they decided that they wanted out.
- Shout-Out: In multiple songs.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Gama Bomb is spelt with one "m".