Music: Fall Of Efrafa
Fall of Efrafa were a post-metal/sludge band from Brighton, England, active from 2005 to 2009. They took their name from the totallitatian warren in Watership Down and refences to the book are rife throughout their lyrics and artwork. Other recurring themes are atheism and animal rights.Amongst their musical influences they count Neurosis, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Agalloch and Buried Inside
- Neil Kingsbury - guitar
- Michael Douglas - bass
- George Miles - drums
- Steven Mc Cusker - guitar
- Alex Bradshaw - vocals & lyrics
This band provides examples of
- Belief Makes You Stupid/ Out Grown Such Silly Superstitions: They're kinda big on these themes.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus/ Dark Messiah: El Ahrairah, unlike the book, presents himself as the former but actually is the latter.
- Epic Rocking: their songs typically last some 15 minutes at least.
- Fluffy the Terrible: They're a pretty hardcore band.... with a bunny theme.
- Humans Are Cthulhu: For El Ahrairah to cry deals with the destruction of the Sandleford warren by humans.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: The titles of their albums are all in the lapine language created by Richard Adams.
- Indecipherable Lyrics
- Path of Inspiration: The rabbits religion of Frith is preceived by the band as such and also seen as parallel of Christianity in the real world.
- Spoken Word in Music: Including reading parts of Watership Down and speeches by Richard Dawkins.