Music / Echosmith
Echosmith is a Band of Relatives
from Chino, California. It consists of siblings Sydney (lead vocals, keyboard), Noah (backing vocals, bass), Jamie (backing vocals, lead guitar), and Graham Sierota (drums). They got their start under the name "Ready Set Go!" and became well-known for their covers of various popular songs, including "Mean" by Taylor Swift
and "I Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons
. Their first album, Talking Dreams
, was released in October 2013, spawning hit singles "Cool Kids", "Bright", and "Let's Love."
Echosmith provides examples of:
- Audience Participation Song: "Cool Kids" inevitably turns into this at any concert.
- Band of Relatives: They're all siblings.
- Bowdlerise: A possible case: The album version of "Let's Love" is a male-female duet between Sydney and Noah, but later radio versions had Sydney sing Noah's part, probably to avoid the implications of a brother and sister performing a love song together.
- Genki Girl: Given the upbeat nature of most of their songs, Sydney can come off as this. Photos of her from the band's Facebook page support this, as she is rarely seen without a smile or other excited expression.
- Silly Love Songs: Many of their songs, but "Bright" is particularly noticeable.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Defied in "March Into The Sun":
This is not the end
There's no apocalypse.