Describe Blue Stahli here
He's like Celldweller
, except different.
Bret Autrey is the only member
of the Michigan
, heavy metal
, and a bunch of other genres
band Blue Stahli. He started out under the alias VOXiS and released his first ever album called Darkeworld Project One
which caught the attention of the FiXT labelhead, Klayton
, who worked on his first instrumental
album titled Antisleep Vol. 1
. Three years later, Bret managed to put out his first vocal based Self-Titled Album
to commercial and critical success. His music has been used in plenty of video games, trailers, and tv shows
. Bret has since then become one of the more famous
members of the FiXT team and his defined himself as one of the weirdest
people there. He also has a YouTube Page
where he answers questions, posts his music, tell people about stuff he's selling, gives updates, and other good stuff.
Blue Stahli himself was compared to Celldweller
a lot at first due to the fact they're both one man heavy metal electronic
bands fronted by guys with red hair who writes songs with oddly sci fi-ish themes and lyrics, but as time has gone on, people have realized how different they really are in terms of vocals, music and personality.
Blue Stahli provides examples of the following tropes:
- Alternative/Electronic Metal
- Black Comedy/Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror: On many of his YouTube videos, a lot of the jokes he says can range from disturbing, disturbing and funny, to just plain outright scary.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: There is a reason why the trope is in bold, it's because not only does he have a weird way of thinking, but he also has a weird way of playing his music. He does not use tabs and simply holds all the music in his head, plus he's a self taught guitarist, so his style of playing is very odd.
- Dye Hard
- Hot Librarian: He's said, "My clothing style is best described as, 'sexy librarian'."
- I Am the Band
- Instrumentals: Three albums worth, no less.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Never Dance Again" is an upbeat, 80s-esque danceable song about a man who finds out his girl is cheating on him and then runs her over.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Despite his incredibly mean/violent lyrics, he's actually quite a kind and adorkable guy.
- Metal Scream: He's even confessed to how much he loves this trope.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: His instrumental stuff is about a 4-5, while his vocal work range from a 7-8 and kept away from a 9 due to his melodic nature and clean singing.
- Mr. Fanservice: He has a large female following for this reason, guys too.
- Non-Indicative Name: His hair isn't blue and he is in no way related to Susanne Stähli. *
- Obligatory Bondage Song: "ULTRAnumb".
- Soprano and Gravel: A one man example.
- Subliminal Seduction: According to him, his music contains subliminal messages telling you to do inappropriate things with cowboy hats.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "Throw Away," which is much more mellow than his usual style. Musically anyways, lyrically....
- Vague Age: It's very unclear how old he is, and to make matters worse his age is not online.
- However, he has stated he started out his project VOXiS in 2000 when he was in high-school, so he's most likely in his late 20s-early 30s.