Iroha, a masculine girl, and her brother Hifumi, a feminine boy, are transferring to a different middle school and move in with their grandfather. After their first night, however, they discover that their grandmother's spirit swapped their genders, figuring that male!Iroha and female!Hifumi have better chances of giving her grandkids. The supposed cure is to act as closely to their original gender's stereotypes as possible, so either way, the grandmother wins.
This manga provides examples of:
- Crotch-Grab Sex Check - How Ryou determines Iroha is male, leaving Iroha on the ground foaming at the mouth.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy - Well... for the first few pages, at least.
- Meaningful Name: Iroha (analogous to "ABC") and Hifumi (123).
- Sure, Let's Go with That: When Iroha went to buy a bra and was caught by people who only met her after she was turned into a boy, they thought it was because she lost some bet. She gladly allowed them to think they were right.
- Xanatos Gambit: Grandma's reason for changing her grandchildrens' genders is because she thinks they're too different from what their genders are supposed to be to ever score a relationship for themselves and great-grandchildren for her. Her alleged cure is that they act as closely to their original gender as possible. So either they accept the change and move on with their lives, or successfully resist the change and become what she thinks they should be.