Manga: Fairy Cube
A Kaori Yuki manga that was composed into a total of 3 Volumes.Ian is the son of a famous author and known as a liar by most, especially about his crazy stories about fairies and other fantasy creatures. He is constantly followed by his alter ego, whom he dubbed 'Tokage' (Lizard) as his green hair and red eyes reminded him of the reptile. The only person who ever believed Ian about the fairy world that surrounds them is his childhoodfriend Rin, who only recently returned to her hometown.Shortly after, when Ian sees a strange man named Kaito at a crime scene of the recent string of 'Fairy Murders', he's given a Fairy Cube and is told to take good care of it. After Rin is accused of having something to do with the Fairy Murders, Ian goes to help her and is promptly stabbed by his father.Now a mere ghost, Ian realizes that Tokage has taken over his body and the only way to get revenge is through Kaito's help, by becoming a 'Winged One' and Ian swears to get his body, and Rin, back from Tokage.
This manga provides examples of:
- Bifauxnen: Shira in her first appearance as the substitute President of Gotoh. The rest of the time, she tends to wear clothes that make it more easy to tell that she's a girl.
- Broken Bird: Rin, Shira.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Ian and Rin.
- Creepy Doll: In the first chapter, Ainsel is possessing a doll that Kaito carries around in his arms though she quickly discards it.
- The Dandy: Kaito.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Subverted when it's revealed that Kaito didn't like having sex with Queen Knockma but was too scared of the consequences of refusing her to denounce her.
- Dysfunction Junction: If a character has any development, they probably get a traumatic backstory.
- The Fair Folk: From fairies who steal human bodies to evil Celtic gods who just want to bring the destruction of the world.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Ian and Ainsel.
- Grande Dame: Heriat's grandmother.
- Happily Adopted: Tokage, until the villagers decided to sacrifice him and he killed his adoptive mother (and everyone else) after letting a evil god to take temporarily over his body to escape.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Liar Ian.
- Living MacGuffin: Ainsel.
- Missing Mom: Turns out to be important to the plot.
- Separated at Birth: Ian and Tokage. Justified, however, as Tokage was stillborn and could live only in the fairies' world.
- Shotacon: Queen Knockma, since Kaito was just a kid when she took him as a lover.
- Title Drop: Kaito gives Fairy Cubes to people.
- Took a Level in Badass: Ian.
- The Unfavorite: Tokage feels that way: not telling your son that the whole abandoning thing and the "We don't need you" speech were actually a way to protect him from your enemies can backfire that way.