open/close all folders
- In the magazine New Horizons, a couple of space ship officers are absent. They're not watching a Wet T-Shirt Contest—they're judging it.
- One issue of She-Hulk showed what the title would be like if different artists were responsible for it. The Adam Hughes illustrated segment mentioned Black Widow and Scarlet Witch being undercover at a wet tee-shirt contest.
- Invoked in Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds In Paradise, the announcement of a wet t-shirt contest is used to clear out an arena full of fraternity brothers before Louis Skolnik, leader of the nerds' fraternity, can give a rebuttal to an unfair resolution proposed by the antagonist fraternity.
- In Piranha 3D, this occurs. Of course, it's interrupted by some starving piranhas.
- This is used for an Incredibly Lame Pun in the Xanth novel Up in a Heaval. A group of kids have a stock of Wetti shirts, which are perfectly normal t-shirts until worn, at which point they soak the wearer and become transparent. They decide they should have a contest, because that's what the shirts are for, but then some zombie girls wear them.
Live Action TV
- Joked about on Canada's Worst Driver. Sergeant Cam Wooley said "This is looking like a wet t-shirt contest!" Cut to an absolutely soaked Mike Butt: "I've never been on this side of a wet t-shirt contest!" This was during the Water Tank Challenge, and Mike Butt was doing as poorly as any of the contestants do (they invariably get drenched).
- Parodied during a host segment in Mystery Science Theater 3000, when the 'bots hold one such contest... by soaking a pair of shirts in tubs of water. Crow claims victory because his shirt absorbed more water, though Servo counters that his soaked it up faster. They don't see what all the fuss is about.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia had a wet t-shirt contest interrupted at the last second because one participant was underage.
- NCIS has some fun with it during the second season, when Tony discovers that prim-and-proper fellow agent Kate took part in and won such a contest in her youth. He won't let her live it down. When a picture of the contest is finally produced, it turns out to be Nipple and Dimed: it shows Kate having water poured over her while wearing a wet, white tank top, but the photo is cropped just above her breasts.
- The Big Bang Theory: Penny has won several wet t-shirt contests she never even entered, or knew she'd entered. As she explained to Leonard Hofstadter, it was usually when she was drunk enough to have spilt a lot of drinks over herself.
- In a season 2 episode of She Spies D.D. takes part in a broadcast-safe version at Spring Break, which is basically a dry T-Shirt Contest.
- Father Ted has an episode where Father Jack is shown to be dreaming of this one occasion where he was judging a wet t-shirt contest.
- An interactive example in Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, in which the protagonist wields the water gun.
- From The Order of the Stick, Death is challenged to one
- In Unwinder's Tall Comics, Unwinder writes unsolicited TV ads for Taco Bell that paint the restaurant as some kind of hedonistic fantasy. This includes girls using the soda fountain for wet t-shirt contests.
Two young women walk up to the soda fountain at their local, ultra-hip Taco Bell. Both of them are wearing thin white fitted tee-shirts. Are they wearing bras? That depends on how relevant Taco Bell wants to be.
- In this Nerf NOW!! strip, Morphling (a water elemental from Dota 2) protests being disqualified from one.
- Chainsawsuit inverts this with a Wet Pants Contest.
- El Goonish Shive has an Imagine Spot which contains a banner saying this in the "Night out" arc, when Ellen mentions to Nanase that her first choice of movie is a college party comedy.
- Parodied on Futurama, where one is held for robots. They all short out.
- In The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Suzi X is briefly seen participating in a wet t-shirt contest.
- Family Guy: When Peter becomes smart after going to the smartest cities in the country, the family gets him back to normal by sending him to the dumbest city: Tuscon, Arizona. When he comes back, Peter mentions that the city's philharmonic does wet t-short contests with chocolate milk.