Virginity, and all the aspects of it, is such a prevalent aspect among many cultures, that there are loads of tropes relating to it, and how they treat virginity ranging from Purity Personified
to You Need to Get Laid
- Celibate Eccentric Genius: Eccentric genius who's uninterested in sex.
- Celibate Hero: A heroic character who turns down romance and sex.
- Chaste Hero: A hero who doesn't notice love or lust.
- Children Are Innocent: Children have no budding sexuality, and are pure.
- Consummation Counterfeit: Putting blood on the sheets of a wedding bed to pretend the bride was a virgin on her wedding night, and/or that the couple actually had sex.
- Eunuchs Are Evil: Eunuchs (castrated men) are portrayed as evil.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Someone who cannot be corrupted by anything, including—but not limited to—sex.
- The Ingenue: A sweet-natured, polite, virginal young lady.
- Love Is a Weakness: Someone who tries not to fall in love because Love Makes You Dumb.
- Madonna–Whore Complex: Moderate sexuality isn't acknowledged—all women are either virgins or whores.
- Maiden Aunt: An older female relative who never married.
- Must Not Die a Virgin: You're gonna die, so you need to get laid.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: Women shouldn't be too sexual.
- Nature Abhors a Virgin: Virgins wish they weren't virgins.
- Nature Adores a Virgin: Virgins are highly desirable.
- Nerds Are Virgins: Nerds don't have sex, not even with other nerds.
- Oblivious to Love: A character is clueless about someone's interest in them.
- Of Course I'm Not a Virgin: An offhanded reference to a character not being a virgin.
- Professional Sex Ed: Hiring a prostitute for someone's first sexual experience.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: Intercourse turns you into an adult.
- Technical Virgin: Has never had the kind of sex that someone thinks "counts", but has done other sexual stuff.
- Their First Time: Two people engaging in sex for their first ever.
- Unexpected Virgin: A character you wouldn't think is a virgin actually is.
- Virginity Flag: Some sort of viable indicator of virginity or lack thereof.
- Virginity Makes You Stupid: Virgins are dumb—not only have they never had sex, but they know nothing about sex, or about the world in general for that matter.
- Virgin in a White Dress: A white dress that symbolizes the wearer's virginity.
- Virgin Power: Virginity gives someone magic powers.
- Virgin Sacrifice: The Human Sacrifice of a virgin.
- Virgin-Shaming: Shaming someone for their sexual inexperience.
- Virgin Tension: Tension caused by a threat to someone's valued virginity.
- Virgin Vision: "I can tell you just had sex for the first time. I can just tell."
- Vow of Celibacy: Members of an certain organization must promise not to have sex.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Someone unworldly who doesn't understand love.
- You Need to Get Laid: Someone says that someone else would be nicer if they had sex—not having sex is making them cranky.