The Crime Job
caper stories. Often — though not always — the blank is filled in with the location where the crime is going to take place; as a result, the most common version of this is probably "The Bank Job". Compare Mad Lib Thriller Title.
Examples:Film — Animated
- The Nut Job, in which squirrels rob a nut store.
- The Italian Job (1969) original and remake, as well as The Brazilian Job, a sequel for the remake currently in Development Hell.
- The Bank Job
- The Hard Word is known in Germany as The Australian Job.
- The Brink's Job
- The Casino Job
- The Big Job
- The Glenmoore Job
- The Hardest Job
- Oceans Eleven: The remake. Not as a title, but in Ocean's Twelve a side character brings up the events of the first movie to another, calling it the "Ocean's Job"; this leads to a small disagreement from the group when they find out, who thought that it was understood that it would be referred to as the "Bellagio Job" by all involved.
- Every episode of Leverage. Most of the time, unlike the majority of the uses of this trope, the names don't correspond to the locations of the cons, but facets of the cons. For example, the first part of the second season finale is called "The Three Strikes Job," because the con involves a baseball team.
- The Firefly episode "The Train Job".
- The 'Allo 'Allo! episode "The Bank Job".
- The first episode of the BBC series The Life and Death of Sir John Falstaff (adapted from Shakespeare's Henry IV plays and The Merry Wives of Windsor) is called "The Gadshill Job".
- The first two episodes of Mr. Big are "The Big Job" and "The Bank Job".
- The Andy Griffith Show has an episode called "The Bank Job", in which Barney stages a bank robbery to prove to everyone how insecure the bank is.
- Barenaked Ladies has a song called "Bank Job."
- A level in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin: The Jacuzzi Job.
- One of the trailers for the upcoming DC Universe Online MMORPG depicts a mission called "The Doomsday Job".
- There's a mission in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim called "The Burglary Job", and another one called "The Heist Job".
- Grand Theft Auto V has "The Jewel Store Job", in which protagonists Michael and Franklin rob an expensive jewelry store and proceed to escape through the Los Santos River.
- The The Simpsons episode "The Book Job", which is an Ocean's Eleven parody.
- The Kim Possible episode "The Big Job", where Seņor Senior Junior tries to pull off an impressive crime as a birthday gift to his father.