ad I've gotten today has been for V
. Perhaps our ad banners are just the beginning..." The Advertisement Server:
"NO, IT'S JUST THAT MY SEQUENCING ALGORITHMS ARE MALFUNCTIONING. YOU SHOULD BE GETTING THE FULL BACKLOG OF ADS FOR W
QUITE SOON." G-Mon:
"And where were all the ads for N
?" The Advertisement Server:
"DON'T YOU REMEMBER? THEY CAME AFTER ALL THOSE ONES FOR M
Related to One-Letter Name
, works with a One Letter Title are exactly that: works that are titled with a single letter, of whatever script.
See also Short Titles
and Letter Motif
26 Latin Alphabet Examples:
- A is an album, a Jethro Tull one.
- b is a tabloid by the Baltimore Sun.
- C is a language that's good with runtime.
- D is a Bollywood film about crime.
- E! is a network for gossip when bored.
- F is a series of trucks made by Ford.
- G. is a movie, one that's quite "grand".
- "H." is a hit by a "Tool"-ish rock band.
- i was a network, now ION TV.
- j is a label that's owned by Sony.
- K is a record, Kula Shaker twirled.
- L titles a film, while Changing The World.
- M is a picture that stars Peter Lorre.
- N is a game where a ninja gets glory.
- "O" is Othello, except in high school!
- P was Johnny Depp's band. Pretty cool.
- Q is a flick about a big flying snake.
- R. is a CD that Kelly did make.
- S was a short-living group of K-Pop.
- T is a Mister that cancer can't stop.
- U is by Pearl Jam, released in 'nine-eight.
- V has an alien metaphor. Great.
- W.'s a biopic of George Bush Two.
- X is a manga that CLAMP did debut.
- Y is a comic about the Last Man.
- Z ends our list with a big junta ban.
More examples below, except not in verse.
And because they are not, it is so much better.
More Latin Alphabet Examples:
- A tripped-out conversation novel by Andy Warhol.
- A band who is known for their song Nothing.
- A song by Knorkator which consists of the four verses "A", "A", "A", and "A".
- A song by the Barenaked Ladies.
- A song by the Billy Naylor Band, mostly revolving around the five vowels in the English alphabet (not counting sometimes-vowel Y).
- An instrumental piece by DJ Amuro, which appeared in beatmania IIDX and Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
- G: John Berger's Booker Prize winning novel about "G", a Don Juan-like figure.
- An Elizabeth Shepard found-document novel about an autistic boy's letters from summer camp.
- Also a French Live-Action TV Hospital comedy.
- K is a Fall 2012 Anime.
- A South Korean movie.
- A novel by Norwegian author Erlend Loe.
- M is a non-fiction book by journalist John Sack, detailing his time with M Company during the Vietnam War.
- A short story by Stephen King.
- Also an album by Finnish metal band Norther.
- "O", a Cirque du Soleil show.
- The title of Oprah's magazine.
- An anonymously penned novel about the 2008 presidential election.
- 'O' is also the title of a 2006 Eiko Shimamiya album
- Q is an arts and culture radio talk show on CBC hosted by Jian Ghomeshi
- U: One of the songs by WASP
- V is also Thomas Pynchon's first novel, and despite all the other weird things in it, it is decidedly alien-free.
- W: Georges Perec's memoir of his time as a Jewish child in Nazi-occupied France.
- Y: The first album by British band The Pop Group.
Non-Latin Alphabet Examples
- ? is an episode in the second season of LOST.
- Ё (Yo) is a Russian planned hybrid electric car.
- A novel called The Aleph, but spelled out.
- In-universe example: in a soviet comedy "Операция „Ы“ и другие приключения Шурика" (Operation Y and Shurik's Other Adventures), Ineffectual Sympathetic Villains trio call the planned operation"Y": "so that nobody would guess it".
- Mister Mosquito's Japanese name is simply 蚊 (Ka, meaning "Mosquito").
- Person of Interest Season 3, Episode 17: "/". "/" is the root directory for a Unix or Linux operating system. Root Path was mentioned as the title on IMDB, which is at least somewhat accurate.