A programming block
block dedicated to children's programming, mostly Saturdays (In the United States) or Sundays (In Japan). This kind of programming may contain animated shows, live-action Kid Com
shows or Toku
, or both.
A hostless sibling of Saturday Morning Kids Show
. Sometimes contains Saturday Morning Cartoons
Examples of kids' blocks:
- One Saturday Morning (ABC, United States)
- ABC Kids
- ABC stopped airing cartoons in 2011 for live action programming.
- The Disney Afternoon (syndicated, United States)
- Nichi-Asa Kids Time (TV Asahi, Japan) : Includes a Shōnen anime (currently Tribe Cool Crew), Super Hero Time, and a Magical Girl anime (currently Go! Princess Pretty Cure).
- Cartoon Express (USA Network, United States)
- CBBC (The BBC, United Kingdom)
- CITV (ITV, United Kingdom)
- Milkshake (Channel Five, United Kingdom)
- ABC 4 Kids (The ABC, Australia)
- CBS (United States) had Toontastic TV, which later became the CBS Kidshow, then Nick Jr./Nick On CBS, then Secret Slumber Party, then Kewlopolis, and ending with Cookie Jar TV. CBS stopped airing cartoons in 2013 for live action programming.
- NBC (United States) had a Discovery Kids block in 2003, then Qubo three years later, which turned into NBC Kids.
- Qubo currently airs on ION.
- PBS Kids. (PBS, United States)
- Fox Kids (Fox, United States)
- The preschool block Fox Cubhouse, notable for being where Magic Adventures of Mumfie debuted in the United States.
- In its' later years, it became the Fox Box, which then became 4KidsTV.
- UPN Kids (UPN, United States), which later became Disneys One Too.
- Kids' WB! (The WB/The CW, United States), which then became The CW 4Kids, then Toonzai, and then Vortexx before Litton's takeover of the block as One Magnificent Morning.
- Kideo TV (syndicated, United States)
- Bohbot Kids Network (syndicated, United States)
- HapiKura Time (Kids Station, Japan)