A programming block dedicated to children's programming, mostly Saturdays (In the United States) or Sundays (In Japan). This kind of programming may contain animated shows, live-action Kid Com
shows or Toku
, or both.
However, only a few of them exist today on U.S. broadcast networks due to cable networks dedicated to children's programming. In fact, there's only two in existence in the USA, on NBC and The CW
. In Japan, it exists on most networks, but most don't have block names, save for TV Asahi's Super Hero Time
A hostless sibling of Saturday Morning Kids Show
. Sometimes contains Saturday Morning Cartoons
Examples of kids' blocks:
- One Saturday Morning (ABC, United States)
- ABC Kids
- ABC stopped airing cartoons in 2011 for live action programming.
- The Disney Afternoon (syndicated, United States)
- Nichi-Asa Kids Time (TV Asahi, Japan) : Includes a Shōnen anime (currently Battle Spirits), Super Hero Time, and a Magical Girl anime (currently Happiness Charge Pretty Cure).
- Cartoon Express (USA Network, United States)
- CBBC (The BBC, United Kingdom)
- CITV (ITV, United Kingdom)
- Milkshake (Channel Five, United Kingdom)
- ABC 4 Kids (The ABC, Australia)
- CBS (United States) had Toontastic TV, which later became the CBS Kidshow, then Nick Jr./Nick On CBS, then Secret Slumber Party, then Kewlopolis, and ending with Cookie Jar TV. CBS stopped airing cartoons in 2013 for live action programming.
- NBC (United States) had a Discovery Kids block in 2003, then Qubo three years later, which is now NBC Kids.
- Qubo currently airs on ION.
- PBS Kids. (PBS, United States)
- Fox Kids (Fox, United States)
- The preschool block Fox Cubhouse, notable for being where Magic Adventures Of Mumfie debuted in the United States.
- In its' later years, it became the Fox Box, which then became 4KidsTV.
- UPN Kids (UPN, United States), which later became Disneys One Too.
- Kids' WB! (The CW, United States), which then became The CW 4Kids, then Toonzai, and currently Vortexx.
- Kideo TV (syndicated, United States)
- Bohbot Kids Network (syndicated, United States)
- HapiKura Time (Kids Station, Japan)