A Stock Phrase
where a character (often the Plucky Comic Relief
) alerts the other character(s) of an "incoming" danger, often a large, falling object of some kind.
Expect an Oh Crap
or two on the side.
This is Truth in Television
as "Incoming!" is the traditional warning call for artillery shelling about to hit a unit's area. Since this is often the deadliest form of attack, the soldiers definitely have to find cover.
Not to be confused with the 1998 game of the same name by Rage Software
This Very Wiki
Cris Johnson: [knows he's about to be punched by Liz's stalker] Incoming. [gets punched in the face]
- She's The Man
Toby: [cough] Incoming.
Viola: Check out the booty on that blondie.
- The Santa Clause
Scott Calvin: Santa rolling down the block in a PANZER! Well, kids, I... I certainly hope you have been good this year, because it looks like Santa just took out the Pearson home. Incoming!
- Transformers: The Movie (2007). A F-22 Raptor jet approaches.
- Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen (2009). Lennox and Sam are under attack by Mixmaster.
- VeggieTales: King George and the Ducky
Junior Asparagus: Incoming! Boysenberry at 3 o'clock!
- The Matrix Reloaded. When a Squiddy throws a bomb at Soren's ship, a crewman yells "Incoming!". It doesn't help.
- The Matrix Revolutions
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, when the Enterprise is getting walloped by Chang's Bird of Prey:
- Gnomeo and Juliet has an "incoming!" followed by a flying gnome who lands lands hat-side down and the hat's point sticks in the ground.
- Stripes combines this with an Oh Crap, when a poorly aimed mortar shell comes in on where Sgt. Hulka is training the recruits.
- Transformers Animated episode "Transform and Roll Out!: Part One"
Optimus Prime: Would it kill you guys to say something like, "Watch out," or, I don't know, "Heads up," or...
Truth in Television
- Lenny does it at the end of a Sunday special in The Wotch. Of course, if you had read Accidental Centaurs before, you knew he would say that, since he crosses over both 'verses.