open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Happens in Samurai Champloo when Jin is found by a recluse after a battle on a Rope Bridge that doesn't go well.
- The Bourne Identity also starts out with Jason Bourne being rescued while adrift at sea after being shot.
- In The Valley of Horses Ayla finds Jondolar near death from a Cave Lion attack, and brings him back to her cave to nurse him back to health.
- Percy Jackson collapses from fighting a Minotaur outside of Camp Half-Blood in the first book. He awakens inside the camp being tended to by Annabeth Chase.
- This happens to Percy again when he blows up a volcano while he is inside it and winds up in the care of Calypso after he lands on her island.
- In Night Watch, when Sam Vimes is unexpectedly thrown backwards in time, Rosie Palm finds him unconscious in the street and rescues him.
- In The Seventh Tower, Tal and Milla pass out from heat fumes while sneaking into the Castle through the heating system. They're rescued by a group of rogue Underfolk.
- Dungeons & Dragons. This scenario occurs in the beginning of the Dragon Magazine article "Wounds and Weeds". Delrael the fighter is stumbling through the forest heavily wounded. He falls unconscious near a hut, and when he wakes up his wounds have been tended to and his life saved by the herbalist who lives in it.
- Occurs in General Mayhem's origin story in the Champions supplement Red Doom. While escaping a German patrol during World War 2, he traveled north through the snow until he succumbed to the cold. He was rescued by an old woman who warmed him with the fire in her hut and fed him hot soup until he recovered.
- In Pippin, Catherine narrates and sings of how she found Pippin "lying in the road like a discarded rag," was attracted to the arch of his foot, rescued him, cleaned him up, and put him in her bed to recover.
"The man had obviously lost the will to live. So the first thing I had to do was to get him interested in something ... something that would restore his faith in life ... something like ... me."
- Fallout: New Vegas: The Courier gets capped by Benny and buried, Victor digs you up and delivers you to a doctor in Good Springs to patch you up. He proceeds to run some tests on you to ensure that you are working properly.
- Red Dead Redemption: John Marston makes a rather stupid move against Bill Williamson at the beginning of the game and gets shot before Bonnie MacFarlane somehow finds John lying outside Fort Mercer and brings him back to the ranch to save his life.
- At the beginning of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Marin nurses Link back to health after he washes up on the beach.
- Divine Divinity starts with the player waking up in Aleroth with no given past, and a healer explaining that he found him in the woods. The introductory movie shows that the character was knocked unconscious after a fight against orcs. You can visit the woods later and the character recognizes his broken sword on the ground.
- In Mass Effect 1, Commander Shepard passes out after an overwhelming amount of visions are given to him/her via a Prothean Artifact. He/She awakens in the Normandy's Medical Bay.
- Mass Effect 2 kicks off with an Up To Eleven example - Commander Shepard is thrown into the vacuum of space in a punctured suit and begins to burn in a nearby planet's atmosphere before being picked up by the Shadow Broker's agents, saved from them by Liara, delivered to Cerberus and only then reconstructed with experimental surgery.
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood does this after the fight in Monteriggioni. As Ezio is riding to Rome, he passes out from his injuries and wakes up in a house with a woman tending to his wounds on the outskirts of Rome.
- XIII starts out like this, both in the comics (rescued by elderly couple) and video game (random lifeguard).
- In the opening of Overlord II the "Overlad" is frozen after the tutorial, then found by his father's former minions who cheerfully note he just needs the right (evil) upbringing....
- In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Ike and company finds Princess Elincia while out on patrol after she was ambushed by a group of Daein soldiers.
- In Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Nate passes out from the blood loss and the freezing cold (He is on the Himalayas with normal clothes) and is found by Tenzin who cures his injuries and helps him deal with the Big Bad.
- Happens to Danielle Kendall in Kevin & Kell after she finds herself in the alternate world of anthropomorphic animals. She ends up fainting in fear at the sight of a giant walking rabbit, who takes her to her home so that she may recover (though that's because she happened to look exactly like a family member of his). For sake of increasing tension, an electricity blackout occurs just as she wakes up, meaning that it takes a bit of time before she can see she's not among humans.
- In Collar 6, minor character Gunther passes out in the snow from blood loss and wakes, days later, in the home of a man named Michael Kappel. This turns out to be the beginning of a life of adventure for both of them.