open/close all folders
- Midnighter wore a white version of his costume when he married Apollo in The Authority. They also tend to be drawn in outfits like this in fanart, but with the colors reversed, since their uniforms are white and black.
Films — Live-Action
- Sex and the City 2 uses this in the wedding of the main characters' two Gay Best Friends.
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
- Strange variant in the The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when a wedding march plays and Rocky and Frank N. Furter walk off to Rocky's room together. Frank N. Furter is wearing female lingerie, and Rocky is wearing male.
- In Baby Mama, a small child asks what a lesbian is and is told it's "a woman who wears pants to her wedding."
- Noah's Arc: A variant in the movie, the tuxes are light gray.
- Happy Endings: Eric wore one to his wedding with Derrick. Oddly enough, Derrick is by far the more effeminate, yet was wearing a conventional black suit.
- Averted on Glee: Kurt and Blaine were both wearing white suits to Brittany and Santana's wedding since they were part of the wedding party. But when they last minute decide to get married and make it a double wedding, they both change into black (albeit different) tuxes.
- Averted on Roseanne, where Scott and Leon both wear black suits for their wedding.
- Averted, or maybe doubled, in Questionable Content, with the marriage of Henry and Maurice. Both grooms are in white.
- Played With in Shortpacked!: Robin is the "groom" of her and Leslie's wedding, and wears what looks like a white tuxedo top with a skirt, seen in the last panel.
- While Lisa wears a wedding dress when she and Ally get married in Sunstone, Ally opts for a a very smart-looking white skirt-suit with white nylons and heels.