Film: Baby Mama
Baby Mama is a 2008 film written by Michael McCullers starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.Kate, a successful, single businesswoman (Fey) in her late thirties hires a surrogate mother (Poehler) named Angie. While Kate prepares to welcome the baby into the world, Angie shows up at Kate's door needing a place to live. Hilarity Ensues.
This film provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Kate.
- Book Dumb: Angie, extremely.
- Daddy DNA Test
- Deadpan Snarker: Kate. Then again, it is Tina Fey.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted. Angie's not very smart, but she is a great clothing designer.
- Fanservice: Tina Fey in that black dress. You know the one.
- Eccentric Millionaire: Kate's boss is an aging hippie Cloud Cuckoolander, but gets away with it because he's a very successful businessman."I found this shell while running barefoot through the Toronto Airport. I want you to make our flagship store just like this shell."
- Fake Pregnancy: Angie is hired to be Kate's surrogate. Angie thinks the pregnancy doesn't take, but fakes pregnancy symptoms and begins wearing a false tummy so she can get money and lodging out of Kate when her boyfriend kicks her out. And then subverted when she goes for an ultrasound and discovers she really is pregnant, although she thinks the baby isn't Kate's but her own by her ex.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Kate and Angie by the film's end.
- Hipster: Kate's boss has several traits.
- Jerk Ass: Angie's boyfriend.
- Large Ham: Kate's boss.
- Law of Inverse Fertility
- Little Black Dress: Angie gets Kate into one and the result is a knockout.
- Odd Couple: Kate and Angie, in spades.
- Old Maid: Kate feels anxious about her age and not being married, nor having a child. She hires a woman as a surrogate mother.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: "Bitch, I don't know your LIFE!"
- Unexpected Positive
- Volleying Insults: Angie and Kate for the entire first act.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Inverted - the identity of the child's mother is in question.