: An Uke
wears a white tux when he marries his Seme
- Straight: Alex and Bob are getting married. Bob wears a white tux with tails, and Alex wears a regular black tuxedo.
- Bob actually wears a dress and veil.
- Bob wears a full, all-white silken kimono.
- Downplayed: Bob wears a gray tux.
- Alex and Bob follow a traditional dynamic in their relationship, with Alex taking a dominant role and Bob taking a submissive one. note
- Alex and Bob don't follow a traditional seme-uke dynamic, but are joking around.
- It's and outdoor wedding, and it's rather hot outside so white is a good choice.
- Alex and Bob both wear regular black tuxes.
- Alice and Betty get married; Alice in a tuxedo and Betty in a white gown.
- Or Alice wore a black gown instead of a tuxedo.
- Alice and Bob get married; Bob in a tuxedo and Alice in a white gown.
- Alice and Bob get married; Alice in a tuxedo and Bob in a white gown.
- Alex and Bob get married. Bob wears black and Alex wears white.
- Bob wears a black suit and Alex wears a white dress.
- Alex and Bob's ceremony has them both wearing matching black tuxes.
- Alex and Bob both wear white tuxes.
- Double Subverted:
- But Bob carries and tosses a bouquet.
- But Bob's tux has tails (a logical Spear Counterpart to the train on a bride's dress), and Alex's tux does not.
- Bob tosses a bouquet to his single friends.
- Bob dons an incredibly elaborate wedding dress, and suddenly he starts acting like a Bridezilla, much to Alex's and everyone else's annoyance.
- Zig Zagged: Bob wears a checkered suit.
- Alex and Bob wear the same tuxedo or suit.
- Alex and Bob don't marry in-series.
- Enforced: A Yaoi Fangirl writes a Fanfiction about her OTP, and follows a traditional Seme and Uke dynamic.
- Lampshaded: "I now pronounce you Seme and Uke. You may kiss the...uh...gride."
- Invoked: See "Justified"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alex and Bob don't do the Seme-Uke thing, and don't want people to think they do, so they wear matching tuxes or suits.
- Discussed: "I wonder...if two men got married, would one of them wear a white tux with tails?"
- Conversed: "I dunno...I suppose it depends on the couple."
- Played For Drama: Bob is being forced to wear an outfit that reflects a submissive role by a controlling Seme.
Back to Gay Groom in a White Tux