open/close all folders
- Lanfeust: Hebus the troll tries to break open a steel porticullis, and when that fails, to bend it. Cut to a guard leaning against the gears smugly mentioning he'll never get through, then back to Hebus simply grabbing and then lifting the grate, pulling the unfortunate guard's body into the gears as the mechanism is reversed.
Films — Live-Action
- In The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Ian Malcolm uses a door as a shield against a velociraptor.
- This happens one time in the Codex Alera series when some characters are trying to hold a room against some taken Canim (giant zombie wolfmen), they are about to break through the door, so one character decides to break the door down in such a way that it falls outwards and crushes one of the Canim.
- In Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, the player can rip off car doors to shield against a drone swarm in the opening mission.
- In Dark Souls III, the Giant Door Shield is a pair of doors used as shields. The wielder dual wields a pair of doors to block incoming attacks, slam their enemies, crush them by shutting both doors, or charging toward them while negating most attacks.
- In God of War II, Kratos kills Theseus this way... after first impaling him on his own spear.
- Braum from League of Legends is a huge moustachioed Folk Hero who is renowned for being a Friend to All Living Things. His Weapon of Choice is actually a huge gate which once barred him from saving a troll boy trapped behind it, a gate so sturdy even he couldn't break it. So after punching his way through the mountain instead he decided that the gate would make a perfect unbreakable shield, but as he will state himself:
Braum: Sometimes, shield becomes smashing board.
- In Mappy, if you close an open door while a cat is walking through it, you can stun it.