"Go and get your riot gear, swing your girlie all around. We'll be dancing on the cinders as the town is burning down."
It's not hard to spot this guy (or gal) in an After the End
setting: he's the one dancing merrily on the grave of civilization. What his particular beef was with society may vary, but in all cases he's overjoyed to have seen it bite the dust. He's not typically the one responsible for the big boom
, though he might shake the hand of whoever is given the opportunity. Could possibly be considered a slightly less insane version of Put Them All Out of My Misery
Compare Crazy Survivalist
, Loners Are Freaks
, and Put Them All Out of My Misery
become the Token Evil Teammate
or The Sour Supporter
if he decides he has reason to join up with a group of other survivors (highly doubtful though).
See also While Rome Burns
, where the survivor may not be enjoying
the carnage, but they certainly don't seem to mind it much.
open/close all folders
Live Action TV
- The cover of the KISS album Destroyer consists of the band members doing this during a nuclear explosion.
- One The Far Side strip shows a two guys in a boat fishing, with mushroom clouds rising in the background. One tells the other: "I'll tell you what this means — no size restrictions and screw the limit!"
- The Doomguard faction in the Dungeons&Dragons setting Planescape has this as their ideal. The end of everything can not be prevented, and is therefore desirable. Some members might regret the suffering of the people that have died, but everything that is completely destroyed really makes their day.
- In Left 4 Dead and the sequel, we get Francis, who views the zombie apocalypse as "one big barfight" and holds open disdain for everything except vests, and Ellis, who is clearly having a very good time stealing stock cars, running around on roller coasters, and setting off the Midnight Riders pyrotechnics.
- The player themselves in the Dead Rising franchise which encourages you to play dress-up and revel in amusing deaths of zombies. Several "psychos" also fit the bill.