open/close all folders
- Woody does this in Toy Story (pictured above) to avoid being tied to a rocket by Sid.
- In An American Tail, Fievel escapes the Cossack cats by clinging to the lid of a teapot. He narrowly avoids detection when a cat looks under the lid, but he moves to the other side just in time.
- In Megamind, the titular character clings to the door that Titan ripped off while searching for him.
Anime and Manga
- Berserk: In the Conviction Arc, Guts reaches Bishop Mozgus' torture chamber only to find that everyone who remained inside was reduced to skeletons by the gelatinous monsters that came out of the Iron Maiden. He notices one of the torturers' empty helmets scooting along the floor all by itself, and when he picks it up he finds Puck the elf clinging to the inside.
Live Action Films
- In the film version of Matilda, Matilda is hiding under a table from the wicked Principal Trunchbull. When the Trunchbull gets near the table, she lifts up the tablecloth, but doesn't see Matilda. It turns out Matilda was clinging to the underside of the table.
- In Hanna, assassins are looking for the titular character. one checks under the bed and finds nothing, only for us to see that she it clinging to the underside of the frame.
- In Van Helsing, Mr. Hyde traps Van Helsing under a church bell, then hears the sound of his buzzsaw weapons and lifts the bell to find a round hole in the floor. It turns out Van Helsing was actually still hiding in the bell, and slices off one of Hyde's arms.
- In Adventures of the Gummi Bears, Grammi hides under a basket, an ogre lifts it up and is surprised by her disappearance. He looks up into the basket, and she dropkicks him.
- Mr. Bogus does this in the first act of the episode "Totally Bogus Video" under all three garbage can lids that he was hiding under when confronted by Ratty and his rottweiler accomplice during a sequence that parodies The Terminator.
- Donald Duck does this in one of his wartime cartoons, hiding from Sergeant Pete.
- The Legend of Korra: Korra has been kidnapped and is trapped in a metal box. Amon appears with a group of Equalists and asks them to zap the box with their electric gloves and electrocute Korra in case she would use her bending to trounce them all and escape. Korra manages to avoid electrocution by using one of her arm bands to hang from a bar on the top of the box and keep her from touching the sides.
- In the Donald Duck short "The Autograph Hound" our favorite duck hides himself in a serving tray cover this way, but soon reveals himself.
- At some point in the Looney Tunes short "Rabbit Stew and Rabbits Too!", the rabbit is caught in a Box-and-Stick Trap, but clings to the box when the fox lifts it.
- In The Movie of Drawn Together, I.S.R.A.E.L. tries searching under the van the Jew Producer is in to look for the housemates. It turns out they're clinging under the van.