open/close all folders
- An advert from Fiat, near the end, shows a group of cream-colored buildings in a bouncing cityscape arranged to spell out the words "Safe Solid Beautiful".
Anime and Manga
- The Anime adaptation of Dirty Pair shows that the 3WA headquarters are a set of buildings that when viewed from above spell out "WWWA".
- An alternate design from the OVAs shows the headquarters as a single long building with an array of diagonal girders spelling out the acronym in huge letters across the front.
- The headquarters of the Teen Titans, both in the animated series and eventually carried over into the comics, is shaped like a big capital T.
- Titan Tower was later parodied in the comic book Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! with the team's "Z-Building".
- In post-Crisis Superman, Lex Luthor's Lexcorp building is shaped like an 'L' if you look down on it. The top of the building slopes in a sharp diagonal to emphasize the 'L' shape.
- A numerical example; during the late 80s, the Fantastic Four had rebuilt their headquarters when the Baxter Building was destroyed by Doctor Doom. They renamed their building Four Freedoms Plaza, and the top stories were shaped like the numeral 4.
- In My Little Pony Annual 2014, the headquarters of the Power Ponies is shaped like two imbricated Ps.
- Occasionally, some structures in The Spirit may appear to be shaped into the word 'SPIRIT'.
- The head-offices of the publishers who make the eponymous book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is shaped like a capital H, although why its shaped like this and not some alien lettering is never explained, but could be down to just another universal coincidence.
- The buildings of Dictionopolis in The Phantom Tollbooth.
- IOI from Ready Player One has three of these, lined up to spell out their initials. This is true both in the read world and on OASIS.
- On NewsRadio, Jimmy James plans to construct two J-shaped towers in a bid to have his name on something that will live on after he's gone.
- Sesame Street has an animation, "We All Live in a Capital I".
We all live in a capital I, In the middle of the desert, In the center of the sky.
- In '90s cartoon The BOTS Master, big evil corporation RM Corp has two positively massive skyscrapers side-by-side in the shape of an R and an M.
- In The Simpsons episode "Homer the vigilante", a criminal claims to have buried a fortune under a big letter T. The entire town then goes mad hunting for it, and several sight gags include T-shaped buildings such as the "Big T Burgers & Fries", the "Big T Building", and the "Big T Theatre" (with Ice-T appearing with Booker T. in concert).
- In one Screwy Squirrel cartoon, Screwy escapes from an insane asylum whose buildings spell out NUTZ.
- The Lexcorp building in Krypto the Superdog is shaped like the letter L (guess what that stands for?).
- Team Go's headquarters from Kim Possible is shaped like a giant version of the word "GO".
- In the episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold "Emperor Joker", a near omnipotent Joker reshapes some buildings in Gotham City to spell "Joker" during his Villain Song.
- The animated Teen Titans' Titans Tower, as seen above.
- A Super Chicken cartoon on George of the Jungle has a ridiculous visual gag where the narration has characters running into an alley and a vacant lot, showing them running into giant block letters on the street spelling out "ALLEY" and "VACANT LOT".
- In India, the state's government plan to raise the building of Tamil University at Thanjavur in the form of the state's name in Tamil letters, when seen from above. 5 buildings, to spell out "Tamizh Nadu" on a 1,000-acre campus.