Game Informer is a American based gaming magazine
) that started in 1991. It features articles, news, and strategy relevant to games and the industry and reviews new and old video games on the PC and consoles.
There's a new issue every month. Each issue features previews for upcoming games, reviews of recently released games, and opinion segments.
In 2010, GI started a Lets Play called Replay
on their website which airs every Saturday morning. The editors play through older games and see if they stand the test of time. While originally intended to feature only the best games, they quickly developed a fondness for obscure So Bad, It's Good
games. Every episode features two segments, each segment highlighting a different game. They also started Super Replay
, in which they play through the whole game. Replay now has its own page.
They also started a Let's Play
of new games in Test Chamber
This magazine contains examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: The yearly "Game Infarcer" and the Sacred Cow Barbecue
- Four Point Scale: Averted for the most part.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Reiner and Phil before Phil got a job at Polygon.
- Let's You and Him Fight: This was a feature from 2000-2001, hosted by the Vidiot.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Judging by the letters, readers often have trouble recognizing sarcasm, often these letters would be answered with more sarcasm. This is most notable in the June issue. Its guaranteed that more than one person will write in complaining about fictional editor of their April Fools issues' Game Infarcer section, Darth Clark, failing to realize he's not real and the article is meant as satire. The fact that they use the same picture of him year after should be a dead giveaway.
- Ditto for the Sacred Cow Barbecue.