"‘I am not of this world,’ their father said seriously. ‘And neither are you.’"Halvgudene
(lit. "The Demigods") is a Norwegian Young Adult fantasy
series written by Mari Moen Holsve
. Its heroes are the triplets Dina, Balder and Thea, three ordinary teenagers from Oslo who one day find out that they are from the mysterious island kingdom Tiladnen, and that their mother is a god from this kingdom. Which makes the triplets Demigods.
Dina, Balder and Thea—or Dimyne, Briskir and Trigg, as they are actually called—go back to Tiladnen, where great danger awaits them: A powerful group calling themselves the alliance wants to gain control over Tiladnen and wipe out all intelligent races but the humans.
While the alliance attempts to get hold of the demigods, the demigods ally themselves with the resistance organization the guild, and decide to join the battle against the alliance.
So far only translated into Icelandic. Completed with 3 books.
Halvgudene provides examples of:
- Green Aesop: Our heroes fight against a group whom wants to wipe out other beings and animals and ruin places that are naturally beautiful.
- Two Girls and a Guy: The triplets.
- Magic Mirror: Serves as a portal between earth and Tiladnen's world, one in each world. Apparently there was more of them before but only the one to Tiladnen hasn't been broken yet.
- Nazis By Any Other Name: The alliance pretty much.
- Underground Level: That's where the cats live.
- Urban Fantasy: In the beginning of the 1st book, a few chapters in the 2nd book and a single one in the 3rd.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: some seem to think of it as children's literature, but the characters speak openly about drugs, sexual attraction, violence, cutting etc.