"HELLO Everyone! THIS is PHANTOMSAVA~GE!"
—typical intro to one of his videos
"Phantom Savage is not a Let's Player. Phantom Savage is an experience."PhantomSavage is a Let's Player from the world of Youtube, with a moderate 23K subs as of March 2016. Definitely one of the crazier ones, as brilliantly demonstrated in his Dead Rising LP (his most popular work). He's known for his tendency to yell really loudly in his videos, as well as for not keeping a schedule. Recently, he started doing fandubs of random series and posting the results on his channel. Occasionally he will take requests.He is a friend of both Tatsudoshi and The Khold One, evidenced by his frequent appearances in both of their videos. He has also started a co-op channel with his friend, KZ (YouTube name Goddammit Joel) called TheBasterdBrothers. He has an infrequently updated website (where he's uploaded longer, better quality versions of some LP's), here.
—a youtube comment that nicely sums up his style
Phantom has LP'd the following games:
- War Of The Monsters
- Destroy All Humans!
- Dead Rising
- Minecraft (a few random videos, not a full-on LP)
- Dead Rising 2 (a short demonstration of co-op mode)
- Dead Rising: Off the Record
- Persona 4
- Alan Wake
- I Am Alive
- Resident Evil 5 (with Khold)
Tropes included in Phantom's work include:
- Ax-Crazy: Loves to act completely psychotic, as seen in his Dead Rising videos.
- Berserk Button: The entirety of this video.
- Butt Monkey: At least in most Skype calls, see: His Smurf Escapades, His Therapy Session (with Drunken Dan as Dr. Lipshitz), and the 90% of the times he impersonates Adolf Hitler.
- Even Evil Has Standards: This video had Phantom playing Super Khold World, a hard romhack made by Khold. His reaction says it all.
- Instant Soprano: Played for Laughs in the Dead Rising LP when Isabella kicks Frank in the dick.Frank (voiced by Phantom): Can't talk... testicles crushed.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: In a conversation with his friends on Skype, he keeps mispronouncing Toblerone to varying degrees such as Toberloan, Tobleronie, Tapron, and Tobey Maguire just to piss off his friend, GFPPM.
- Large Ham: If the page quote doesn't give it away, nothing will.
- For someone who insists he doesn't have much of a vocal range, he sure can put on a lot of different emotive voices in the span of 30 seconds.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: "WHERE! IS! MY! HAAAAAT!"
- Running Gag: His love of funny headgear in the Dead Rising series.
- His pathological hatred of survivors.
- In Off The Record, Phantom redubs Frank West's lines himself (but not anyone else). As the game progresses, Phantom goes increasingly off-script, delivering much snark but also making Frank sound like a nut.
- Schedule Slip: PhantomSavage doesn't have anything even remotely resembling a regular update schedule; videos come when they come. His LP of Dead Rising took two full years to complete (but was worth it). Other games have not had it quite so bad – he got through Off The Record in just over six months.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Given the opportunity, Phantom can really go into this territory pretty easily.
- Shout-Out: When he first gets a flamethrower in Dead Rising 2, we get a segment where the screen is tinted blue and "Do You Believe In magic" starts playing as he roasts some zombies. He also finds a Strange Eyelander (read: ordinary broadsword), and the Team Fortress 2 killfeed appears when one of the redneck psychopaths kills a survivor.
- He also calls a homeless guy Chester A. Bum.
- His lawyer used to be Miles Edgeworth, but now it's Von Karma
- Trademark Favorite Food: Snickerdoodles come up a lot in his Dead Rising LP