"No. No. No. NO! NO! NO! NOPE!"
is a Canadian Let's Player on YouTube
. Her channel, FearPlay
, focuses mostly on the horror genre and combines in-game reactions with relevant topics and commentary, such as her Let's Play of Stairs
, which examined popular cases of cannibalism throughout history. She also provides information on in-game mythology or fan-submitted theories, such as with her Slenderman
Her topics and commentary try to focus on the theme of the game she's playing at the time.
- Slenderman Theories, including:
- Alien Lifeform
- Anti-Reality Assassin
- Benevolent Saviour
- Cursed Human
- Demonic Entity
- Eldritch Abomination
- Lost Child
- Mass Hallucination
- Mental Illness
- Multi-Dimensional Being
- Serial Killer
- Tear in Reality
- Cannibal Cases
- Fey and Imp Mythology
- Freaky Facts
- Freaky Foods
- Fringe Science
- Haunted Hospitals
- Haunted Hotels
- Indonesian Ghost Folklore
- Japanese Ghosts
- Medical Miracles
- Natural Phenomena
- Odd Births
- Odd Mental Disorders
- Odd Phenomena
- Scary Discoveries
- SCP Monsters and Mythology
- Sex Cults
- Sleep Disorders
- Strange Deaths
- Strange Experiments
- Strange Mysteries
- Strange Religions
- Suicide Forest
- Unexplained Disappearances
- Unsolved Crimes
- Urban Legends
- Weirdest Jobs
Games Dead Doll 00 Has Played
This gamer provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Good example is her 1000 Subscriber Video
- Abandoned Hospital: "So once again we find ourselves in the bowels of a mental hospital. So we just need to get the fuck out."
- Action Girl
- Always Night: Most of the games she plays take place during the night or at least in dark areas. And she also plays them at night, alone.
- Anal Probing: Lots and lots of tentacle jokes. "So there's now a tentacle following on our ass. And if Hentai has taught us anything, we know that's a bad position to find ourselves."
- Badass Bookworm: Displays a good working knowledge of the mechanics in most games. SCP archive in particular, with a pretty good idea of most of the SCP monsters and how to avoid them.
- Big "NO!": "NO! My one voice of reason amidst the rampant retardation!"
- Blind Without 'Em: Not completely but has stated she is very short-sighted.
- Captain Obvious: Her reaction immediately following the opening events of Pizza Delivery. "Okay, so we’re invited into a house by an unknown party, in the middle of the night, whereupon the power goes out, front door locks, monster shrieks, and host vanishes."
- Catch Phrase:
- Each video begins with "Hello everyone! Welcome back to Fear Play! I'm Dead Doll 00 and tonight we are playing..."
- "I hope you guys enjoyed that, I know I did. Join us again for another Fear Play. Bye for now.
- "No. No. No. NO. NO. NOPE."
- Following a jump scare. "I'm good, I'm fine."
- "What hellish nightmare/landscape did you crawl out of?"
- Cluster F Bombs: Occasionally, when very angry or very scared.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Sir Swearsalot: Used with wild abandon. Though more commonly during tense moments or immediately following a jump scare or encounter with monster. Some other examples include:
- "Ah, instructions. Stern instuctions. Don’t just sleep the day away, man. Sleep the FUCKING day away. Yeah."
- "This is some fucked up shit."
- "Our man is apparently a sculptor…and he uses these little figure models to help him. And maybe if he didn’t use seven fucking hundred of them at a time, this wouldn’t be nearly so weird."
- "No. …fuck it, who am I kidding, let’s go."
- Mountview Creek
- "But…okay…yogurt fucking. Still not the worst thing."
- "But I had to include it purely for the balls-to-the-walls evil, fucked up, full-retard philosophy"
- "The evil fuck!"
- Lumber Island
- After picking up a teddybear, "Imma gonna call you…fuck-face!"
- The Snark Knight: A lot. Some examples:
- Slender The Arrival
- Entering the house at the beginning, "We're apparently here to lend a hand with selling the house. Why is she having trouble selling? Probably because it comes with its own built-in Slenderman. I mean, that right there lowers your asking price considerably. Two bedroom, two bathroom, spacious ground. Child-eating specter of evil included. Family friendly!"
- At the sight of a badroom covered in pictures of Slenderman, "Whoa, looks like Kate was definitely bothered. Either that or she was really, intensely into scrapbooking!"
- Part 7
- While standing before a large stone crucifix. "And if we were fighting Eldritch vampires, that would mean something."
- "Good thing pledging yourself to Dagon apparently robs you of the innate ability to look up. Don’t mind me guys, I’m just an overly large racoon…in a trenchcoat."
- "Jack is a modern-day Altair, clearly. If Altair broke his legs every time he leap of faith’d"
- Part 12
- After being strong-armed to do further work for Hoover, "Yeah, sure, I can do your job for you. Seriously…why are you even here?"
- After coming up into the gold refinery, "Well hell, pocket some of that on your way out! Come on Jack, we both know you’ve stuffed worst things down your pants."
- Part 13
- "Very good, Jack. You saw it was crawling with guards and you correctly surmised it was therefore likely crawling with guards."
- While looking up at some hideous statues of the great Cthulhu, "M'yes, Innsmouth knows its way around some classy interior design."
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: After being trapped in a corner by SCP-173, "Wanna make out?" CRAAAACK.
- Eldritch Abomination: As a big fan of Lovecraftian lore, these tend to crop up. Most commonly during her Call of Cthulhu videos, where she talks about several different abominations and Lovecraft himself.
- Evil Laugh: Inside, "And here we are! And there's no way out, MWHAHAHAHAHAHA."
- Fan Nick Name: Any teddy bear in any game is affectionately referred to as "Fuck-Face".
- Game-Breaking Bug / Good Bad Bug: Baby Blues, first run. Glitches straight out of the house and onto a creepy, barren wasteland. Slender The Arrival Had to re-do the generator level after glitching and falling through the elevator once on the top floor.
- Genre Savvy: Pretty well-versed in the games she plays or topics covered. Big fan of the SCP Archives.
- Gentleman and a Scholar
- Gushing About Shows You Like: Will sometimes reference favourite television shows, movies, or people. If she's enjoying a game, will go deeply into why she finds it good and often compliments the developers, voice actors, and other people involved.
- He Knows Too Much: Running gag among some of her viewers. She sometimes gets messages from "high-ranking members of the SCP Foundation" demanding she ceases the spreading of classified information
- Hell Is That Noise: Every time there is a sudden noise she cannot source or a noise getting progressively closer. The background sounds during SCP: Containment Breach.
- The sound of SCP-106 corroding through the floor. Will inevitably cause her to run as fast as she can in the opposite direction.
- SCP-073, "Oh, that's 073, dragging its fat ass through the vents!"
- Inelegant Blubbering: Her first encounter with Slenderman during Faceless in an abandoned subway station.
- Jump Scare: Very common in many of the games she plays, though she tends to recover quickly and just keeps speaking where she left off.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: "And who doesn't enjoy a bit of baby-eating, really?"
- Large Ham: Any time she tries to evoke any accent, particularly Russian or English. Played over-the-top.
- Let's Play: Member of the Let's Play Forums. The "nicer" Something Awful.
- Mad Scientist: Is a fan of the fringe theoretical work into astro/quantum physics and science.
- Motor Mouth: Her videos are this. Instead of depending solely on reacting to the games she plays, she fills dead air with commentary about different topics.
- One-Liner: A lot.
- Talking the Monster to Death
- The Owl-Knowing One
- Primal Fear: Examined in several of her Slenderman videos, particularly Mansion. She's also deathly afraid of long-limbed creatures or things that move in "broken" ways (Sometimes references the monsters/spirits seen in Japanese horror movies, "My weakness, long-haired little Japanese girls.")
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Shout-Out: Has been known to give shout-outs to fellow Horror LP channels and has a feature video where she presented her favorite creepypasta reader and favorite ranter.
- Slender Man: Has an entire series of Slenderman game Let's Play videos where she expands on Slenderman theories submitted to her by viewers.
- Would Hurt a Child: "Children are annoying, anyway!"
- You Keep Using That Word: Uninitiated. Nightmare Fuel. No. Nope. Oh god, no.