- The Boss catching Shaundi after they fall out of a plane in the second mission, calling her his/her girl.
Shaundi: You're a fucking asshole!
Boss: Yes, but I'm your asshole.
- The Boss and Pierce singing "What I Got" together. It generates great chemistry between the two, trying to stay happy after Gat dies. with a Crowning Music of Awesome.
- What makes it better is that, in Saints Row 2, Boss would always go after Pierce over his music. Here, s\he just rolls with it and combines CMOH with Crowning Moment of Funny. Just how much fun they have is not only heartwarming, but funny as well.
- Viola will remenice about how Loren was like a father to her and her sister. It makes people see him in a new light.
- After the Saints beat the Deckers and drive Matt Miller out of Steelport, Killbane allows him to leave on good terms (and even offers himself as a reference).
- Oleg confessing his love for Kinzie during the final mission.
- The Boss and Kinzie's amusingly heartwarming phone call after they clear out Deckers territory 100%.
Kinzie: Oh... hi.
Boss: What's wrong?
Kinzie: Nothing. I ordered pancakes.
Boss: That a euphemism or something?
Kinzie: Well, since we pretty much drove the Deckers out of Steelport, I thought I'd try to be... ya know... normal.
Boss: You mean, like, going more than five blocks from your place?
Kinzie: Let's not get crazy.
Boss: You should try it sometime.
Kinzie: I have. It's overrated.
Boss: Well, just wanted to check in.
Kinzie: Ok. Call if you need me.
- The final choice is choosing between killing Killbane, the man who ruined Gat's funeral and is fleeing the city, or saving Shaundi, who has been kidnapped by STAG at a monument, rigged to blow up and frame The Saints. A difficult decision, but what makes saving Shaundi even more heartwarming is that "Holding Out for a Hero" starts blaring.
- The Boss surprisingly doesn't show much emotion about Gat's death. But, it makes the scene when they meet up with Viola, and the Boss suddenly bursts "Gat's dead because of you!" heartwarming.
- What makes it even more Heartwarming is the Fridge Logic: Boss didn't hide his/her anger cause he/she's an ass.. he/she did it to show he/she's still a focused leader.. which, let's face it, Gat would probably prefer have happen.
- At the end of the kill Killbane ending, the Saints walk out of the studio after declaring Steelport a sovereign state under their rule and the Boss offers Pierce up a position of power as Mayor. Considering what the guy's been through since SR2, it's really sweet.
- Whenever a female boss calls someone "sweetie".
- Potential conversation if you have Kinzie and Viola rolling with you as homies:
Kinzie: I like your hair.
Kinzie: It's nice and shiny.
Viola: If you washed your hair, it could be shiny too.
Kinzie: Could you show me how?
Viola: Uh... sure?
Kinzie: We're like sisters now.
- How Shaundi has gone into a rage over Gat's death is touching. She's ditched smoking, the merchandise driven way the Saints had become and a love match she met in a TV show, all in desire for revenge.
- Everytime The Boss revives a fallen homie. Previously, this involved just pouring some beer onto them, but here, the Boss bends over and helps the injured Saint back onto their feet. Even with Oleg, a giant, the Boss will put his/her arms around the big man's shoulder and help him back up. It's additionally heartwarming when the Boss speaks while picking someone up.
- When Boss and Pierce go to Kinzie's place, Pierce spots a picture of the late Lin on a wall and immediately grabs it and hides it before Boss can see. Even with all the insults Pierce gets, he still cares deeply for the Boss.
- Gangsters in Space. In the mission Nyteblade's Return it's revealed Gat sold his likeness to make the comic and Boss calls Legal Lee to put a stop to it, opposed to the idea. However, in the canonical good ending, the Saints just roll with it and make the movie, honoring Gat's memory and actions in getting into the comic business.
- During the mission "3 Count Beat Down", The Boss helps Angel get his luchador mask back to fight Killbane. He knows where it is, perplexing the Boss, but it leads to this exchange, which shows that, through the Saints' confidence in his abilities, they gave Angel the psychological boost he needed to reclaim his life after his public humiliation at Killbane's hands.
Boss: If you knew where Killbane was keeping your mask, why didn't you come for it?
Angel: He broke my spirit. I no longer felt worthy of it.
Boss: What changed?
Angel: Meeting the Saints.
- After not only allowing Angel to get his rematch and take his/her place against Killbane at Murder Brawl, The Boss will protect him from being attacked by Killbane's henchmen. After Angel gets injured, The Boss gets into the ring under Angel's encouragement, defeats Killbane, and they celebrate.
- After raiding the armory, Shaundi is prepared to go after Loren, not caring that the Saints are not prepared to do so. Boss reassures her that they will take care of it and talks her down.
- Boss trying to help Jenny keep her spirits up and be more confident in the face of the dog kickingly Jerkass of a director during the Gangstas in space DLC, though by the end it has Gone Horribly Right and she gets her revenge.
- The Heel–Face Turn of Viola, considering that the Boss had killed her mentor and father figure in Loren. Viola works with the Saints after Killbane kills her sister Kiki. She loves her sister so much that she's willing to work with the guy who killed her mentor. It makes the Shut Up, Kirk! moment over the Boss' anger about Johnny's death pretty justified.
- During a mission involving sneaking onto STAG's aircraft carrier to rescue Shaundi, the Boss has to disguise themself as Cyrus Temple. Most of the voice options use the opportunity to tease Pierce and order him around. Female Voice 2 (who has an obvious crush on him) on the other hand...
Pierce: You sure you got his face right?
Boss: Stay calm Pierce. There is no reason to worry.
Pierce: I'm just sayin'...
Boss: I will not let anything happen to you, Pierce.
- Female Voice 3 saying "I love you" to Pierce after he gives her an airstrike gun to drive off STAG. It comes off as funny as well as sweet.
- In the final mission of Trouble of with clones Johnny Tag and Pierce are pinned down on a bridge with the Steelport military all over them, then the Male Boss 1 comes around and yells at them very pissed:
Boss: QUIT SHOOTING MY FRIENDS!!
- Zimos. Yes, he is a pimp. Yes, he gets The Boss to get more hos for his business, but they are rescued from abusive pimps and his assassination missions usually deal with killing people being mean to women. Plus, in the mission where girls are rescued from cargo boat, he tries to make sure the rescued girls feel safe. As far as pimps go, Zimos seems to genuinely care about his hos.
- Boss' inspirational and heartwarming message to kids at the end of the Genkibowl DLC.
Boss: Absolutely. Not just for me but for all the kids out there watching at home thinking that they'll never make something of themselves. Yeah, I just wanna tell those kids - no matter what, work hard and anything is possible.