- In the Disney English dub, there's a dedication: In Memory of Phil Hartman 1948-1998. Doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- When Jiji is pushed into posing as a currently missing stuffed toy cat, he meets the family's rather BIG dog. Just when he thinks he's done for, the dog walks over to him, and licks him! After that the dog is very protective of Jiji and won't let anybody near him.
- In the first version of the English dub, when Jiji gets his voice back!
Jiji: (way over the top) Meowwwwww!
Jiji: (in genuine concern) Kiki, can you hear me?!
- It's a different kind of heartwarming in the original Japanese and the second version of the dub when he doesn't talk. Remember, the last time we saw him, he walked off with a female cat and ignored a pleading Kiki. Even if he can't talk to her any more, he'll be by her side.
- It's taken a little farther in the dub, after the brushing off Jiji has run all the way to Kiki from wherever he was and the first thing he says is:
- Kiki Glomping Osono's husband after seeing the sign he made for her delivery service.
- Ursula's speech about finding inspiration again. Even if your passion in life isn't art, you can probably empathize with it.
- Even more fundamentally, her arrival just after Kiki's lowest point in the story is a wonderfully reassuring moment that someone is coming to help her.
- In general, all of Osono's motherly interactions with Kiki. She's so sweet and kind to her. Especially the scene where Kiki comes home soaking wet- Osono is immediately concerned. And the next day, when Kiki ends up coming down with the flu, Osono brings her a compress for her fevered brow, and a nice hot bowl of okayu (changed to oatmeal with honey in the English dub.) She sees that Kiki is unhappy, so she leaves the girl alone to sleep it off. And when Kiki is finally feeling better, Osono is clearly delighted.
- Osono's rather maternal treatment of Kiki is even more heartwarming when you remember that Osono is pregnant and soon to be expecting a child. It's completely obvious through her interactions with Kiki that Osono will be a great mom!
- When Madame bakes a cake for Kiki, and then asks her when her birthday is so she can bake another one.
- The crowd cheering Kiki on during her rescue of Tombo.
Crowd: DON'T GIVE UP! DON'T GIVE UP!
- Tombo refusing to give up on being friends with Kiki.