- Near the begining Jiji lampshades the fact that he and Kiki are out-of-the-ordinary, with his usual charm.
Jiji: You'd think they'd never seen a girl and a cat on a broom before.
- Also, after Kiki nearly gets into a collision with a bus while trying to show off for the people of Corico, after settling down, Jiji deadpans sarcastically, "Smooth. Very smooth. You definitely know how to make a good first impression."
- Just about every scene with Jiji in it is a CMOF, it helps that his dub voice actor was the late great Phil Hartman.
- Osono goes into labor with her baby just as Kiki and Tombo are both safe and sound—she informs her husband, The Quiet One and local Gentle Giant, of this by way of telling him to call the hospital. If the look on his face isn't funny enough, the fact that the first thing he does is run straight into a table would make anybody burst with laughter.
- "KET, TURN OFF THE TV!"
- After Kiki saves Tombo, the janitor that she borrowed a broom from says "That's my broom she used!"
- Course, this comes after the janitor was reluctant to let her borrow it earlier.
- The fact that Kiki essentially stole it from him is arguably even funnier.
Kiki: Please, I promise I'll bring it right back!Janitor: Huh? I'm not gonna give you my broom-Kiki (pulls broom right out of his hands): THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
- A subtle one, but Kiki's constant borrowing of her dad's radio becomes this when she's allowed to keep it and all throughout we hear reports on the arrival of the dirigible; when Tombo finally brings it up to her, she is completely clueless as to what he's talking about.
- The Brick Joke with the exploding potion.
- Jiji's response to seeing the girl cat for the first time: "Mmm, well, well, well! Hello Kitty!
- Even better, his response when the girl cat turns him away: "Pardon me, miss snooty cat!"
- Jiji's banter with Kiki can produce some amusing results:
- Kiki: The painter who found the stuffed cat for me wants to a drawing with me in it.Jiji: *yawns* Naked?Kiki: (appalled) JIJI!!
Kiki: You can just pretend to be the doll until I find the real one.Jiji: Why don't you pretend to be stuffed and I'll go get the stupid doll?!
- Finally, during the second coming of the crows:
Kiki: What are they saying now, Jiji?!Jiji: They're calling you an egg stealer, and you don't wanna know what else!