Heartwarming: Cucumber Quest
- After spending the entirety of Chapter 1 separated, Cucumber and Almond reunite.
- Nautilius joined your party!
- Peridot saving Almond.
- Mandolin and Panpipe finally reconcile. Afterwards, Gigi even drew a sketch on Twitter◊ of the two listening to Lute play... well, a lute.
- Bacon getting applauded by the audience for his performance.
- Liquus doing the best he can to help Nautilus, while her instrument of summoning is broken.
- Noisemaster and Mutemaster's 'special bond' is really pretty sweet, from what we've seen of it so far. Even when consumed with rage, the latter still tenderly cradles Noisemaster's prone body following an attack gone wrong. in the end, when Noisemaster reverts to being a Disaster Stone, Mutemaster immediately joins him, because they're always together.
- In a strange sense, the 2014 April Fools joke. It kind of warms you up to know how long Gigi's been carrying some of these ideas and how far she's come in developing them, given that those drawings were from her embarrassing teen years. Best of all is her explanation of the whole thing and the encouraging message to all the developing artists out there.
- Princess Parfait considers the Nightmare Knight a friend.
" a what"
- Princess Parfait's letter to Sir Carrot. It's mushy, but it's seriously adorable.
- Peridot flying in, very upset about her "failure", and Cordelia offering to watch TV with her to make her feel better.
- Cordelia was just about to get cast into a fiery abyss for insubordination, and yet she immediately runs to Peridot's side to comfort her. If that's not heartwarming then nothing is.
- Cordelia and Peridot's relationship, period. How often do we see villains who care about their henchpeople, much less villains who clearly adore and mentor them?
- Not to mention the scene where Peridot says that she doesn't need to win the contest to become a Princess, because as long as Cordelia's Queen, Peridot already is one. She literally considers Cordelia to be her mother.
- Almond and Peridot having a genuinely fun time fighting each other.
- Okay, that was REALLY cool.
- Sir Carrot finally getting to read Princess Parfait's letter to him. And then watercolor-style pictures of them as little kids. Aww.