Funny: The Asylum
- The bad acting and special effects provide a steady stream of narm to enjoy.
- The very existence of some of their films can be funny in itself, particularly the monster movies.
- First line of the movie: "The American Navy will tell you that the following events never happened."
- First scene of the movie: A fighter plane abruptly loses power and crashes into the ocean. Then another plane says "I'm going in!" and follows it.
- Pretty much everything Solano says.
- The scene where Karla attacks an alien craft with a katana is so gratuitously awesome that it's hilarious.
- The part where Pete Rogers reveals he's an alien spy by letting loose an ear shattering scream brings to mind a certain scene in Dumb and Dumber.
- In the stairwell of a facility explicitly located deep underground, one can see a sign reading "No roof access."
- When Karla and Solano try to encourage Tyler they sound like they're trying to get a hyperactive child to focus.
- When the alien mothership goes down it looks like one of the animations in Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- Doubling as Crowning Moment of Awesome, the film has the killer get beaten up by a naked Lipstick Lesbian.
- "We're gonna need a bigger gator".
- "Feeding steroids to gators. What's crazy about that? What Could Possibly Go Wrong??"
- The confrontation between the protagonists at a charity banquet is unexpectedly wacky. It's like something you'd see in a children's movie but with more swearing.
- As the giant reptiles attack Miami, one of the snakes bites a blimp with the Asylum's logo on it. The blimp goes flying off in all directions, taking the snake with it.