Although most known for its creepy atmosphere, Nightmare Ned
can also be hilarious at times.
open/close all folders
Ned's Life as a Dog
- The moment when we see Ned had transformed into a small, white dog instead of a wolf like the sounds he was making and his expression when he realizes it. Also, when he begins to chase after Conrad and Vernon whom have turned into giant cats, plus the reaction by the cat pinned to the wall.
- The actions and expressions of the green ghosts can be quite hilarious, especially a ghost with a strange, lovestruck expression playing an accordion.
Alcatraz Elementary School
- The Uvula Song; a giant, classy-dressed uvula singing show tunes to living tooth men inside of a giant mouth.
Attic, Basement, and Beyond Nightmare
- Just as Ned's principal begins to laugh maniacally when he thinks that his furious parents have come to take him home, he is cut short as two other, unfamiliar adults come in and scold the principal for ever thinking their son "Max" would ever do anything wrong and subsequently escort Ned out of the room. The principal's expression was priceless.
- Some of the messages the Principal gets when he's calling all different phone numbers trying to contact Ned's parents.
- The teacher's song as Ned makes his way through the blackboard maze. It is amazing.
- In a delightfully morbid bit of background detail, one part of the attic has several pieces of furniture in storage, wrapped tightly with paper and string. One of them is a stuffed chair. With a little old lady still in it.
- If Ned lights a lamp before walking behind a curtain, one of three scenes will occur in silhouette:
- Ned dancing with a floating dress.
- Ned getting attacked by a chair (arguably the least funny of the three).
- Ned shaking hands with Mickey Mouse, who laughs and exclaims, "Gosh!"