- Basically every single strip, but this conversation stands out:
Helen: "Dave, we need to talk."Dave: "Uh oh. Is this about the sentient meme that took over the net in Blue Sector and keeps threatening to vaporize us via spy satellite?"Helen: "No! This isn't about the sentient meme! I didn't even know there was a sentient meme!"Dave: "Oh...good."Helen: "On second thought, let's make this about the sentient meme."Dave: "It was supposed to be a Serenity personality quiz! I meant no harm!"
- Or, when Dave's come unstuck in time:
Six Year Old Dave: "I can't handle being a kid! Anything but six years old..."(time shift)High School Gym Coach: "And we are going to stay here until each and every one of you maggots gives me fifty chin ups!"Sixteen Year Old Dave: "Let me rephrase that..."
- Mell's only personality sprite:
- The first Sunday strip, "Evil Coffee" http://narbonic.com/comic/evil-coffee/, features Helen going off on a rant on the subject of the morality of coffee . The best part is the use of the phrase "Nietzchean Super Coffees", made all the better by the fact that it's misspelt.
- When Dave finds out he's been volunteered to test Helen's time machine:
Dave: "I'd complain more, but this is probably the closest to a vacation I'm going to get this year."Helen: "I thought the Moon was your vacation."
- Helen and Madblood's first meeting, fighting over an ancient crystal:
Madblood: "Theftbot! The crystal!"(Theftbot grabs at the crystal Helen's holding)Helen: "A little lower, theftbot."
- Mel discovers Madblood has three whole floors devoted to weapons development:
Mel: "I'M THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WOOOOOORRLD!"
- At one point, Mel tells Caliban that she has to go on a Black Ops mission that she can't talk about:
Caliban: "We'd better have sex tonight."Mel: "Because I might die and we'll never see each other again?"Mel: "You know, Caliban, sooner or later you have to get over the fact that you have a body."Caliban: "I have. Now I can't get over the fact that you have one."
- After Artie's been temporarily given Dave's body (long story), he finally snaps at Mel's incessant chatter and shouts at her to shut up while shaking her like a rag-doll. This prompts the following exchange:
Artie: "Ye gods how I've longed to be able to do that!"Mel: "I'll be remembering this day's work when you're fun-size again, buddy."
- Helen decides to deal with her frustrations in having to dump/fire Dave by eating six pints of half-baked ice cream and blowing up Ecuador.
Mel: I hate it when she comes up with nonviolent solutions behind my back.Artie: No kidding. That's my ice cream.
- Mel's half-week-long rendition of the Patton speech, to an army of killer robots. Especially Hilarious in Hindsight, since this seems to mark the point where Mel first gets interested in politics.