- Nothing will ever, ever, ever, EVER top Batman flooring Guy Gardner with one punch. It got a Shout-Out in GL: Rebirth when Hal did the same thing to Batman before kicking Parallax's yellow ass.
- For Black Comedy that Crosses the Line Twice, you can't beat the obituary for beloved and sadly blown up GL Mogo, in the letters page for Green Lantern Corps #60.
Mogo, age unknown, died suddenly and unexpectedly in the orbit of Oa, Space Sector 00. He was born in the creation of the universe, and much of his history, as well as how he joined the Green Lantern Corps, is unknown. He leaves behind two moons and assorted debris hurtling dangerously through space. Seriously, be careful.
Mogo was not only the roundest of the Green Lanterns, he was also Corps' only member to be a living planet. A lifelong resident of Sector 2261 for several millenia, he was also the compass that directed where new GL rings were sent to find viable candidates.
His passions included cultivating the lush forests covering his surface, orbiting his system's sun, and not exploding.
He will be missed.
In lieu of flowers, the Guardians ask that donations of willpower be sent in care of Oa. Or cash. Cash is actually better, but, you know, whatever.
- Green Lantern: The New Guardians gives us Kyle arguing with a little kid about his costume.
- The same issue has a Sinestro Corps member terrorizing some people... until his ring abandons him. The people surround and presumably beat the crap out of/kill him.
- In the New 52's Green Lantern issue #14, new Green Lantern Simon Baz is confronted by the Justice League for being a suspected terrorist. They also question him on how he got his ring.
: According to Green Lantern, recruits are chosen for their courage.
: And they only choose a new recruit after a Lantern dies.
- The Red Lanterns are slowly dying. Fatality offers to convert the female members into Star Sapphires so that they will survive, then Zilius Zox (a male) goes, "No fair!"
- Carol Ferris is declared the Queen of the Star Sapphires. Larfleeze then promptly states "I want to be Queen!"
- Hal Jordan has to teach some new Green Lantern recruits how to use their rings during an attack by Larfleeze. He tells him to use their imagination. One of them makes a fist construct... and accidently punches Hal in the back of the head with it.
Hal Jordan: See that wasn't so hard. (points to Larfleeze) Now use your imagination in that direction.
- If you look closely, you can see that the fist construct has its thumb tucked inside the fingers. After the battle, Hal teaches the recruit how to make a proper fist.
- In one story, a corrupt military guy is dying. In his last breath, he tells a military officer that in his safe, he has proof that Hal Jordan is really the Green Lantern. The officer he tells it to? Diana Prince.
- This variant of the Oath◊.
- In Red Lanterns #25, Bleez and Skallox try to see how much booze Zilius Zox can chug. When Guy tells them what kind of booze it is, Zox ends up puking acid out of his huge mouth and burns a hole in the floor.
- In the same issue, we cut to Atrocitus and Dexx-Star in space, thinking how to take back the Red Lantern Corps from Guy. Atrocitus starts lamenting about how far he's fallen and his Right-Hand Cat, Dexx-Star, tells him to quit whining and be himself.
Dexx-Star: Ssstop whining! Find rage! Be Atrocitussss, not baby!
- In Red Lanterns #27, Skallox and Zox are on Earth sightseeing when Shadow Thief confronts them. The two Red Lanterns try to talk their way out of it, but the spherical Zox feels obliged to ask her one question that makes her hit him.
Zilius Zox: What's a testicle?
- In the next issue, Shadow Thief squeezes Zox until he looks like a peanut. When Hal Jordan asks what happened to him, Zox spits at his feet.
- While trying to restrain the newest Red Lantern, Supergirl, she socks Zox and he inflates back into a sphere with a look of relief on his face.
- Bleez not understanding what "four-eyes" means and asks the human red lantern what happened to his other eyes.
- The Red Lantern "bar" with a prominent "no cats allowed" sign.
- With all the troubles associated with Supergirl as a red lantern, the first thing Guy Gardner is worried about is other reds giving her alcohol.
- When Superman tries to talk down the enraged red lantern Supergirl, she hits him with a ship and sends him flying while the red lanterns sarcastically congratulate him on his efforts.
- Bleez trying to shove Kara aside and she doesn't budge an inch.
- Kara blasting Atrocitus' blood tornado thingy, which is destroying a city, with heat vision. Result: Blood tornado is now on fire and continues its rampage. Bleez slaps her and tells her to get a hold of herself.
- Jack T. Chance's oath as a Green Lantern.
"You who are wicked, evil and mean
I'm the nastiest creep you've ever seen!
Come one, come all, put up a fight
I'll kick your ass with Green Lantern's light!