- 1986: This exchange on the first taped episode:
Contestant: We'll take the physical chair.
Marc: All righty—Physical chair? Which is similar to the physical challenge.
- 1987: Marc accidentally asks a male audience member if he had a boyfriend.
- 1987: On a different episode, a toy boat kept on appearing at different points throughout the show. Marc was unable to control himself any time it was around. Also from this episode, Marc was spitting to the camera.
- 1988: The "Salute to The Hollywood Squares" episode had a very infamous Physical Challenge. One player had to stomp "grapes" with rubber feet and the other player had to collect the juice via a bucket attached to a helmet. Apparently the plastic walls weren't very sturdy and with about 5 seconds left on the clock, they burst out of the frame, soaking the kid in juice and making quite a mess. Marc, bursting with laughter, counts it as a win. There's a reason this was the only time it was used.
- 1988: Andrea, aged two, gives an unexpected answer to Marc's question.
Marc: This is Andrea, and I did a personal appearance in New Hampshire and you came on stage with me, didn't you? (Andrea nods) And now you came to Philadelphia to see us, huh?
Marc: And what's your favorite show on TV?
Andrea: Finders Keepers.
- Throughout the rest of the show, Marc would make subtle references to the Finders Keepers, such as introducing himself as Finders Keepers host Wesley Eure, inserting the "Find it!" catchphrase in his Rules Spiel, and starts to introduce a physical challenge as if the contestants were about to search a room in the Finders Keepers house.
- 1989: Marc Vs. Harvey. One particular moment stands out while Jim J. Bullock describes the Thar She Blows! obstacle:
- 1990: On an early Family Double Dare episode with the three-digit scoreboards, a team wins the game with $1,050 causing the display to show only "050".
- 1990: After one family wins the obstacle course, the father picks up Marc and carries him into Lake Double Dare.
- On two Family episodes, Marc had Robin demonstrate a messy obstacle and she proceeded to get him messy through the course descriptions.
- 1990: On one Family episode, the show looks normal, but where's Marc Summers? He's not there. Then we see Harvey up on stage. He asks "Has anybody seen Marc Summers?" Then, we cut to the backlot of Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Studios Florida. And we see Marc hastily parking his sedan. He shuts it off, then jumps back realizing he forgot his microphone, then runs into the studio. And then, the show starts. Marc Summers had to explain to the audience that the Florida traffic slowed him down. It's unclear whether Marc was actually late, or whether this was staged. He's not even wearing his usual suit when he arrives.
John Harvey: Marc? Marc? Marc Summers? (Stops the theme song) Where? Marc? Oh my God, I can't believe it. He knows when the show starts. (laughs) Has anybody seen Marc Summers?Studio audience: No, no.*We then cut to the Universal/Nick backlot. And there's Marc Summers speeding down the road in his sedan. He parks, and is about to run into the studio. Then he realizes he forgot his microphone and has to go back and get it*Marc Summers: Oh man, I'm just...Oh, I forgot my microphone! (runs into the studio) Oh, gosh. I hope they haven't started. Man, it's cold in here. It's like an obstacle course back here. Unbelievable! Oh man, the audience is here. (runs on stage) Hi Harvey, I'm sorry.
- The episode titles and descriptions on iTunes.
- This exchange, which was highlighted by the Nostalgia Critic:
Marc: In the movie "Encino Man," what actor played the caveman?
Contestant: Pauly Shore?.
Marc: No, it's not Pauly Shore. THIS person has talent. (The correct answer was Brendan Fraser)
- Any time the show made a jab at Fun House. One episode had a physical challenge involving a chalkboard with "I will not watch Fun House" written all over it. Then Marc would ask questions involving gruesome happenings to J. D. Roth before adding "and he should".
Funny / Double Dare (1986)
Besides the obvious fun of watching people getting slimed, pied, and otherwise Covered in Gunge, there are some gems here.