Funny: Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry
- "Flock off, featherface!"
- And after the fight against Griffon, the scene leading up to his death. The way his body starts to magically ascend to the heavens before being crushed by a pillar is absolutely hilarious.
Devil May Cry 2
- The entire game, for all the wrong reasons.
Devil May Cry 3
- Dante in DMC3 in general. His cockiness is absolutely hilarious.
- The opening cutscene in 3. The whole damn thing, starting from the moment he punts his chair.
- At the start of the second mission, Dante puts on his trademark red coat in the coolest manner possible... Then he sneezes, and the front of his store crumbles completely.
- The best part is it's a little kitten sneeze and manages to completely demolish his building.
- Dante mouthing off to Cerberus at the entrance to Temen-ni-Gru.
Cerberus: "Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land! You who are powerless are not worthy to set foot here!"
Dante: "Wow, I've never seen a talking mutt before. You know, in a dog show, you'd definitely take first place."
Cerberus: "You, a mere human, make a mockery of ME?!? *breathes a ray of ice, which Dante dodges*
Dante: "Eeeasy, Fido. How 'bout I take you for a walk?" *claps hands and makes a beckoning motion* "Come on, puppy, let's go."
- Jester. Creepy Awesome, campy and maniacal, (complete with Joker-esque evil laugh) appears randomly out of nowhere to give advice, and threatens to spank you during the boss fight. Depending on whether you're afraid of clowns, that is either traumatic or hilarious. He also subtly breaks the fourth wall and does the Charleston while trying to avoid ludicrously rapid gunfire from Dante, who finds him annoying because "I don't like anyone who has a bigger mouth than me."
- When Dante receives Agni & Rudra. He agrees to take them with him on the condition that they don't talk. Afterward, he does his usual showoffy weapon display, after which:
* Dante looks at them, then clonks their heads together*
Dante: No. Talking.
* silence from the two swords*Dante: "... Good." *sheaths them and walks on*
- Dante acquires Nevan. Instant rock show.
- One after Dante does his midair motorbike-fu thing. He lands inside the tower, unharmed... and the bike explodes. The explosion clears, he looks at the handlebars (which he is holding; the handlebars are the ONLY PIECE left), grunts, and casually tosses them over his shoulder as he leaves. Clank.
- Dante's reaction to Arkham assuming the form of Sparda:
Dante: "It's like staring into a backed-up toilet. Why do you always stick your nose in other families' business? Come on, dude, don't you have any hobbies?"
Devil May Cry 4
- In the sword section tutorial battle after Sanctus's assassination, Nero revs his Order sword and asks Dante why he's packing a huge sword if he's not going to use it. Dante's response? Silently pulling out his sword, stabbing it in the ground and fake revving the hilt like Nero just did.
- Nero meeting Agnus for the first time in his laboratory after calling it a hellhole. Agnus yells at him to watch his words and the following dialogue ensues.
Agnus: "Just as foul-mouthed as I had heard. The rumors prove true. As will the new ones concerning your d-d-d-demise."
Nero: "Don't you think that's a little harsh? Killing me because of the way I t-t-t-t-talk?"
- Dante meets Gloria, and what does he do? Burst out laughing and saying that "that regal look suits [her]." This is because he knows she is Trish.
- So Nero's walking through the forest one day, when suddenly...
Dante: "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?"
Echidna: "What the..." (the last pod hits her, which leads her saying in a supremely pissed off tone) "Who the HELL are you?!"
- And then later, when Dante is taking on the Echidna... She shoots her seed pods at him, and he kicks them right back at her. After they bounce off her head...
- The Savior is revealed, and it's a gigantic creature that would normally herald a Mass "Oh, Crap!" from the cast of any other game. Dante's only reaction is an unimpressed "Check it out. It's got wings!"
- Trish agrees. "The design shows a terrible taste."
- Dante acquires Pandora. After it turns into a few different ranged weapons, it turns into... Dante closes the lid hastily, breathes a sigh of relief, and the floor just breaks.
Dagon: "What? How did you know?"
- Speaking of which, before acquiring it, Dante faces Daegon. Unlike how Nero meets Bael's "lures" for the first time (since they're the same kind), Dante is VERY happy to see Daegon's "lures" and even tries to flirt with them. But he manages to avoid Daegon's attack thus leading to this conversation:
Dante: "You can hide your body, but that smell... Hoo! There's no covering that up."
Dagon: "Insult me one more time and I'll make you suffer more than you though possible."
- The comment about the smell is made even funnier if you notice that, just before the battle, Dante plugs his nose.
- To be frank, ANY battle that involves Dante fighting with the previous bosses that Nero didn't kill are epic.
- "FIRST, I WHIP IT OUT!"
- Agnus and Dante wax Shakespearean in truly hammy style before their fight.
- At one point, Nero is faced with a life-sized board game where he has to knock around an oversize dice to move a figure shaped like him across the board. Nero doesn't exactly react too strongly to that, but he surprisingly goes along with it without batting an eyelash. When Dante reaches the very same room, he casually and nonchalantly walks as the board game prepares itself to do the same thing for him, full with a Dante figure. Dante shows his utter lack of patience for that gimmicky bullshit and cuts down the dice, triggering a battle gauntlet instead.
- In general, Heaven Or Hell mode. Aside from the catharsis factor of defeating every enemy with a single hit, it makes the entire story into a joke. Every single boss starts off with a big introductory cutscene, claiming that they'll kill Dante/Nero...and then they go down in one shot. Depending upon their death animation - Agnus', for example, has him flying across the room and screaming that he's an angel whilst struggling to pull himself up - it can make it look like each boss has a bad case of Minor Injury Overreaction.
- There's enough of them in this game for it to get its own page.
- Basically, the rule of the world is "if at first it does not work, beat the crap out of it." Dante kicks the fake spear when it doesn't work in 3, Nero shoots the control panel when it initially fails to open the bridge, etc...