Tom Clancy novel
- In an attempt to crack messages to terrorists encrypted with steganography, Jack Jr. inadvertently "decrypts" an image from a URC website into an image of a busty topless woman, much to Jack's chagrin and the amusement of other people at The Campus.
Video game franchise
- The entire Continuity Nod given to Lei-Fang's ending from #4 at the end of her Story Mode chapter in #5, given a twist at the end.
- During Mila's Story Mode chapter in #5, she's at work at the diner when Brad orders a drink. Mila gets sidetracked and leaves early to spar with Tina. Brad follows her to the gym and asks what's taking her so long to get his drink.
- Sarah's introduction video.
- Tina immediately seeing through Bass's Paper-Thin Disguise during the 5th tournament, followed by what she does after her fight against him.
- Brad and Eliot fighting over the last piece of food. Also a Crowning Moment of Awesome for both of them. The icing on the cake? The monkey steals it from both them.
- Eliot in Taylor's Bar with Christie. Christie is intentionally distracting the poor kid...
*camera on Eliot's eyes looking at Christie's boobs*
- In response to that, Christie fishes out a bottle of milk from underneath the counter and lays it out in front of Eliot, shocking him.
- Zack's various antics while trying to recuit the cast into the 5'th DOA Tournament, which include:
*After being shot out of the cannon*Zack: Hey ladies I have a question for you!*After crashing into a prop*Zack: GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!
- Getting beaten up by Tina and getting left knocked out on the ground. Made more funny during his storyline, where his beating by Tina is shrouded by a black screen, and then some time later, Brad trips over him.
- His mistaking Sarah for Tina, then getting put into a sleeper hold by the latter for it.
- Shooting out of a cannon while Hitomi and Leifang are training in a circus area, and he crash-lands into a prop. Even his speaking lines are ridiculous:
- Brad Wong's ending in DOA 4.
- When Zack comes to pick up Bayman and Hayate with a helicopter with the intention of bringing the two to DOATEC headquarters and Helena...
Bayman: I'm afraid I won't be joining you either. I am sure you are a fine pilot... You just creep me out.
- In the same cutscene, Ayane pulls off headphones that are playing Zack's theme from DOA 4.
- Rio's Challenge has Zack send an invitation to the girls to win her freedom, which they read aloud in a bored deadpan tone.
- In DOA 5, Leon's pre-fight taunt is simply, "Get outta here." And in DOA Dimensions, his pre-fight taunt is merely, "Smartass."
- Also in DOA 5, one of Jann Lee's pre-fight taunts is a kiyap that sounds more like a duck.
- This exchange in DOA 2, though more for the hammy acting:
Hayabusa: Leave. Now. This is not a simple combat championship. I don't think you commoners can handle it.
Jann Lee: Keep your mouth shut!
- Also in DOA 2 is Hayabusa's pre-fight dialogue before facing Tengu: "Let me take your life!" Tengu's response, sensibly enough: "That's ridiculous." It's certainly good manners to ask permission from those you seek to kill, but was he really expecting Tengu to say "Okie-dokie, pal!"?